Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
So a winning goal at Brentford, several assists, numerous shots on target including two tonight not ‘threatening’? The whole team kept passing backwards tonight - I think Gross and Verbruggen were the only two players that didn’t! I agree he still needs to learn that one touch (role under the foot) passing that defenders like Dunk, Gilmour and Veltman are so good at but that’s quite an acquired skill. Apart from that, he’s exceptionally good for an 18 yr old.
Several assists ?

He shouldn't be playing .... Especially out of position. Simple as. Listen to the de zerbi interview. If we want to be 5/6th bottom yes he might just be good enough but otherwise he should be getting loan minutes elsewhere

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I reckon we have a world class footballer in the making with this lad. He‘s obviously grown up living and breathing football which must be why he so at home at this level - probably progressing through our Academy youth sides has greatly helped too.
And hopefully living and breathing Albion - like Solly and Dunk

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I must be watching something completely different to others. Gets forward into some decent positions but is far too lightweight to really threaten to get on the end of anything.

Far too often receives the ball out wide, hesitates, takes several touches and then passes backwards.

Can’t really fault the lad being 18… but it’s a glaring weak link imv
Yep and when he tried to be progressive with passing today he gave it away. I know he's getting a few charity likes at the moment. But we must sign fullbacks in the Jan window

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Several assists ?

He shouldn't be playing .... Especially out of position. Simple as. Listen to the de zerbi interview. If we want to be 5/6th bottom yes he might just be good enough but otherwise he should be getting loan minutes elsewhere

Pascal Groß on Hinshelwood after scoring the winning goal at Brentford

“He [Hinshelwood] is very smart, he's humble, he listens, he understands the game already. He's a great, great person. Not only did he have the desire to win the header, he had desire at the other end of the pitch as well. That shows already the player he is."

RDZ after playing LB v AEK away:

‘Jack Hinshelwood didn’t play well, he played a great game,’ De Zerbi told the BBC. ‘I think the best player on the pitch for us, for sure, with personality.’

Guess Gross and RDZ will be happy with finishing near the bottom of the table then 🤷‍♂️

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yep and when he tried to be progressive with passing today he gave it away. I know he's getting a few charity likes at the moment. But we must sign fullbacks in the Jan window
Go boil your head.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Dwayne, and those at the other extreme, are equally ridiculous.
He definitely deserves to be on the fringes of the first team. Good energy, and strong football intelligence.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
There are quite a few other players I’d criticise on last night‘s performance before I’d mention Hinshelwood. The experience he is getting will stand him very good stead but we can’t keep expecting him to play out of position and for 60 mins + without burning him out imo.

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
Definitely a star in the making - inexperience showed with his fluffed shot in front of goal - but plenty of other times he showed maturity beyond his years - a very exciting prospect

I reckon we have about 3 players who would've scored that. Groß, Ferguson and maybe Welbeck. That ball was coming with pace and had an awkward bounce.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I reckon we have about 3 players who would've scored that. Groß, Ferguson and maybe Welbeck. That ball was coming with pace and had an awkward bounce.
I think that's being generous.

He had a fella lunging at his feet, one on the near post and the keeper to beat.
I don't think anyone is scoring taking it first time - Something Gross and Welbeck would instinctively known.
Ferguson might have found a way to get it across goal into the other corner, but that seems highly unlikely, as well.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I have no idea why people judge a player so young, for good or for bad. Let’s see where he will be in 3-4 years time. Same with Ferguson and other young players. Let them develop. Have people not learned from Solly March and Lewis Dunk. Neither were the finished article at 20. And turned into great players.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I have no idea why people judge a player so young, for good or for bad. Let’s see where he will be in 3-4 years time. Same with Ferguson and other young players. Let them develop. Have people not learned from Solly March and Lewis Dunk. Neither were the finished article at 20. And turned into great players.
Yep I agree with this...

Hinsh seems very intelligent footballing wise and has a bright future but he should be nowhere near the first team at the moment (and yes, not his fault). I just watch the highlights back, those 2 shots in good positions, woeful.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Does anyone know what his stated preferred/regular position is?

Can definitely see him being used further forward at some points.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I must be watching something completely different to others. Gets forward into some decent positions but is far too lightweight to really threaten to get on the end of anything.

Far too often receives the ball out wide, hesitates, takes several touches and then passes backwards.

Can’t really fault the lad being 18… but it’s a glaring weak link imv

Yes, he does do this in certain positions, but then so does Mitoma and Igor on the other side of the pitch.

It's almost like we have a way of playing.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Excellent game against Palace which isn't the easiest of games. How many times was he the furthest man forward and nearly got on the end of a couple of Gross crosses - as the fricken RB.

Hilarious when the oncommentator said how brave Dinosaur Hodgson is for bringing on Ozoh for the last 30 mins, but failed to mention JH started for us and is only 25 days older or Buononote who is also 18 when he came on at HT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here