Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
You don’t think the former U21s manager with his particular interest in developing youth players keeps an eye open for youngsters on his rounds to PL clubs that might one day make the U21s? Or you think it is non-sensical to suggest Hinshelwood might have potential in that regard?🤷‍♂️ I wasn’t suggesting he was at the Amex to watch Hinshelwood he was surely checking out Dunk.
I think the former U21s manager is a waste of space.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think the former U21s manager is a waste of space.
Ah 😂 - My comment was more a nod at Hinshelwood’s potential though rather than praising Southgate’s management of the senior England squad. I don’t think anyone can deny Southgate’s work in the FA in developing St George’s Park as well as youth football initiatives at grassroots level though but get your point.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I think this is the point - if our academy is going to start producing a Hinshelwood (literally, if his father was busy enough during his injury lay-offs back in the day, starting to pay off handsomely now!) each season then the pressure on our scouting department and the number crunchers reduces dramatically and we make even greater profit on future sales for the purpose of FFP.

Can I add, I'm not wanting to make a comparison - but I remember a young man called Steven Gerrard getting into Liverpool's team at right back to play minutes before becoming one of the Premier League's best all action midfielders. Hinshelwood's already scored a winning goal in the Premier League and been a key player in our team in the Europa League.
Are you suggesting we have some sort of breeding program?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No - but have you suggested to PBOBE that we could offer an interesting little post-retirement part-time opportunity for, say, Messi and Ibrahamovich?
Taking succession planning to the extreme, Barbers IVF program with eggs from Megan Rapinoe and Beth Mead.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Another impressive game from Hinshelwood- still a little lightweight on his tackles but helped to drive the game forward in the second half especially with several attempts on goal - once Adingra was taken off, his game opened up and I thought he was excellent when moving into a CMF/LW position in attacking sequences. He fits into RDZs system perfectly IMO and is a really intelligent player - I reckon we have a world class footballer in the making with this lad. He‘s obviously grown up living and breathing football which must be why he so at home at this level - probably progressing through our Academy youth sides has greatly helped too.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I must be watching something completely different to others. Gets forward into some decent positions but is far too lightweight to really threaten to get on the end of anything.

Far too often receives the ball out wide, hesitates, takes several touches and then passes backwards.

Can’t really fault the lad being 18… but it’s a glaring weak link imv

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I must be watching something completely different to others. Gets forward into some decent positions but is far too lightweight to really threaten to get on the end of anything.

Far too often receives the ball out wide, hesitates, takes several touches and then passes backwards.

You should go for a beer with Dwayne

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Definitely a star in the making - inexperience showed with his fluffed shot in front of goal - but plenty of other times he showed maturity beyond his years - a very exciting prospect

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Superb tonight. So much more comfortable at RB than LB. Can see him being a utility player for us - like a young Milner. My MOM tonight closely followed by JPVH and Dunky who were superb, in fact the whole original back 4 were class with their play and passing.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Great to have a local lad with lots of potential in and around the squad. Hopefully we can sign some players in January to be able to manage his minutes rather than relying on him most weeks

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

So a winning goal at Brentford, several assists, numerous shots on target including two tonight not ‘threatening’? The whole team kept passing backwards tonight - I think Gross and Verbruggen were the only two players that didn’t! I agree he still needs to learn that one touch (role under the foot) passing that defenders like Dunk, Gilmour and Veltman are so good at but that’s quite an acquired skill. Apart from that, he’s exceptionally good for an 18 yr old.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here