[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Let's not get carried away just yet. Neat and tidy today. Good goal. But very early days. Made another big error just before being hauled off.

Very early days. Surpassed my expectations so far after his early showings.
Bit like the big error at 1-1 made by a certain Mr Gross and who was there to clear off the line, well well well,

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He’s going to make mistakes who doesn’t, I’ve been doing the same job for over thirty years and still have the odd duh moment.
The thing I like about him is he’s very level headed and improving game by game could be a real star and hopefully not one to run for the £££ ‘s at another club.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Let’s just add to that...

RDZ, one of the most highly respected managers in football picking him and describing him as the new Gross.
Senior players including Lallana calling him special.
Playing for England youth teams.
Scoring a game winning goal.
Already looking better than another kid his age who is regarded as the next Argentina number 10.

Apart from that....

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Let’s just add to that...

RDZ, one of the most highly respected managers in football picking him and describing him as the new Gross.
Senior players including Lallana calling him special.
Playing for England youth teams.
Scoring a game winning goal.
Already looking better than another kid his age who is regarded as the next Argentina number 10.

Apart from that....
Southgate was there to watch him (and Dunk) last night

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Agree, Jack is playing himself into a starter’s role now. All over the pitch last night superb performance
As @Munkfish mentored above, his first touch is extremely good. Almost always gets the ball under control immediately and is instantly ready to play the next pass. Technically very adept as well as reads the game superbly.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
I thought he was excellent in the first half and good in the second half, inevitably tired a bit.

He’s an absolute baller…his first touch is brilliant, his reading of the game is that of a mature player and - as with Pascal - he can see and play a pass.

It did help I was pitch level West lower so I had a very close up view of his play.

He is going to be outstanding. He’s already very good.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Seemed, understandably, a little nervous in his first couple of appearances but seems to be getting better and better every game and looks like those nerves are nowhere to be seen right now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports