[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Mainly because it’s not actually true, unfortunately.

The stat that was posted after the Athens game was that he was the youngest since Bellingham… which isn’t even that long ago really.

Still, great week for the lad.

Edit: Youngest to start a match since Bellingham!
No, it is true, the stat is actually joint youngest with Bellingham (same age to the day)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looked more comfortable out of position at RB than out of position at LB - maturity and balls beyond his age. Love how the lads made him take the acclaim at the end - classy.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Let's not get carried away just yet. Neat and tidy today. Good goal. But very early days. Made another big error just before being hauled off.

Very early days. Surpassed my expectations so far after his early showings.
Isn't that exactly what you've done by coming to a negative conclusion of him after his first few minutes of senior football?

And then compounded that criticism by repeatedly doubling down on it.

You are right though, it is very early days, far to early to make any concrete observations beyond it's promising that on his fourth(fifth?) appearance for the club he puts in a motm performance and has De Zerbi and Gross speaking so highly of him. Wouldn't it be great if he develops enough to become a mainstay and icon of the team over the next dozen or so years like Dunk has?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Isn't that exactly what you've done by coming to a negative conclusion of him after his first few minutes of senior football?

And then compounded that criticism by repeatedly doubling down on it.

You are right though, it is very early days, far to early to make any concrete observations beyond it's promising that on his fourth(fifth?) appearance for the club he puts in a motm performance and has De Zerbi and Gross speaking so highly of him. Wouldn't it be great if he develops enough to become a mainstay and icon of the team over the next dozen or so years like Dunk has?
Sixth. Fourth in the league. And home debut.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Let's not get carried away just yet. Neat and tidy today. Good goal. But very early days. Made another big error just before being hauled off.

Stop trying to belittle the 6’ 11” man.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
No, it is true, the stat is actually joint youngest with Bellingham (same age to the day)

I hate to be the one of the burst your bubble, but the youngest English player in Europa League history is Dane Scarlett at Spurs who made his debut when he was 16.

Hinsh & Bellingham are joint 40th.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

……I presume you’re talking about when he misjudged the high ball. That’s something you can easily coach AND something I have seen many seasoned pros do.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
I hate to be the one of the burst your bubble, but the youngest English player in Europa League history is Dane Scarlett at Spurs who made his debut when he was 16.

Ah. I blame twitter then. :😜

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
absolutely

Adam Hinshelwood was a really good defender and was on course to solidifying himself as a solid championship level player before his injury. Had even received an England U-21 call up
He tells a good story about this in an Albion podcast.
I went through a period of insomnia a couple of years ago and the only thing that could get me to sleep was listening to h
Hinshelwood’s voice on that podcast.
It wasn’t that he was boring, it was something about how he spoke. Strangely relaxing.
Agree , he was a quality player pre injuries. Promising manager too.

Vin

Jun 12, 2021

I thought they were youngest to start a game, not feature as a sub.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He's got a bit of arrogance in his play. He isnt just a clone . Looks like Grealish with the ball , determination and drive of a Gary Neville.

He's 18

He can be very very good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports