[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's not get carried away just yet. Neat and tidy today. Good goal. But very early days. Made another big error just before being hauled off.

Very early days. Surpassed my expectations so far after his early showings.
You had expectations? ???

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absolutely chuffed for the lad. Born in Worthing, been with us since he was 7. Youngest English player to play in the Europa League and now scored his first senior goal in the PL.

Thought he did really well tonight and well deserved his MOM. Yes there were a couple of times that he got caught or didn't make the right pass, but overall an excellent performance by the young lad. Good time to bring Veltz on I thought too when he was subbed. Loved the applause with the NS at the end.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I think any one who watched his promos (well forget those highly edited pieces of shite) but knew a little of his background with Rosario, read some of the scouting reports and listened to MacAllister’s assessment of the lad, would know, he was very much ahead of Sarmiento in raw talent. Sadly, he seemed to have struggled emotionally with reports of depression in the early months which I think impacted on his game. Sending him out on loan after he was finally getting settled at the end of last season would have been a set back imo. But RDZ isn’t perfect - it is hard to manage the expectations of these young players - Gilmour probably should have got far more time than he did earlier last season but we don’t always know what they are going through emotionally which impacts them in training and which impairs their mental fitness for PL football? - the coaches do and they also know if they have turned a corner emotionally.
His mum and dad were on the coach to stoke lat year. Emotional support. I think he looks good ,he's 18, and agree a loan will not help. He had a solid game today ...

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I may have put a little extra into my celebration because it was Jack scoring. I didn't notice it was he who made the block on the goalline shortly before scoring. I did notice in the first half he made an important covering tackle when Brentford got in behind Igor, and shortly after that chased down an overhit Mitoma cross, stopped it going out, then recovered the overrun and got back to the ball to play it off a brentford defender for a corner to us.

Often a goalscorer gets man of the match just because they scored, but he deserved it for his general play, too.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Let's not get carried away just yet. Neat and tidy today. Good goal. But very early days. Made another big error just before being hauled off.

I get not wanting to get carried away, but you were very quick to go the other way and write him off as not going to ever be Premier League level.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013

Errors will be made by young players. You have two choices don’t play them or play them and expect mistakes. The important thing is to learn from them. Baleba and Hinshelwood made mistakes for the first goal. For both today the positives they brought to the team outweighed the negatives massively. Won’t always be the case but there will be an amazing player in years to come from learning from mistakes now.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That stat is absolutely mind blowing!

Mainly because it’s not actually true, unfortunately.

The stat that was posted after the Athens game was that he was the youngest since Bellingham… which isn’t even that long ago really.

Still, great week for the lad.

Edit: Youngest to start a match since Bellingham!

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

“Hauled off” oh come on ..bit dramatic to say the least 🤦‍♂️

Accept he is playing far better than you are giving the lad credit for

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports