Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jack Hinshelwood [9/4/24: new deal to 2028]

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
He may have been at least partly at fault for the 1st goal BUT comparing the 2, it shows just how good Veltman is. Good luck Jack though

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not easy for him playing out of position. Matter of interest with 2 other midfielders on bench why dont we instead have an Academy full back there
I did wonder why Samuels (a left back) wasn't on the bench today (or in the U21s on Friday night). Injured maybe? Anyway, Hinshelwood did a decent job, didn't he?

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
With all our famed succession planning my main question is: who is the next left back? Why was he not on the bench? Is he on loan and unable to play? It can't be that our next best left back outside the senior squad is a midfielder? Am I missing something?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
With all our famed succession planning my main question is: who is the next left back? Why was he not on the bench? Is he on loan and unable to play? It can't be that our next best left back outside the senior squad is a midfielder? Am I missing something?
I do feel this is succession thing is being over blown. The club says they have identified targets when a player is moved on. We don’t always stockpile them in reserve. We knew losing Pervis was a risk but the club obviously felt with Tariq, Solly, and probably Igor we could cover. We’ve had horrendous luck. We’ll see how good the succession planning is with the next LB target/signing as it’s now an essential Jan acquisition.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Thought he was what he was today; that being a very junior player being forced into a role he isn’t quite ready for.

It’s worth remembering that he is being adapted into a left back role (as @AZ Gull can testify and personally as somebody who knows the family and has followed his progression from afar) he considers himself a marauding midfielder.

He struggled; but no more or less than Lamptey did. They targeted him and yes, he’s clearly not ready to be a PL left back. But few are.

We have injury issues and he did a decent job overall considering the circumstances. But let’s be honest with ourselves, he should be on loan gaining senior football experience in a league or two below.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
Yes, young Jacob Slater the highly rated prospect from Preston NE academy played against Celtic on Friday night.

Although I do think we'll need to dip into the Jan market for at least 1 senior LB/LWB now Pervis is out long term.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Yes, young Jacob Slater the highly rated prospect from Preston NE academy played against Celtic on Friday night.

Although I do think we'll need to dip into the Jan market for at least 1 senior LB/LWB now Pervis is out long term.
'Next in line' LB from the youth set-up is Imari Samuels. Don't know why he wasn't on the bench yesterday (or in the team against Celtic). Injured, perhaps?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
'Next in line' LB from the youth set-up is Imari Samuels. Don't know why he wasn't on the bench yesterday (or in the team against Celtic). Injured, perhaps?
I've seen Samuels play a couple of times and he stands out as a full back who can pass, cross and positionally sound. I'd imagine he is next in line

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Quite, he's either moaning about players or boasting how rich he is, very tedious poster
You should go through the threads at the top of the board then , I was universally praising players from yesterday (apart from hinsh, who I have nothing against personally !)

And boasting how rich I am ..... Huh ?!?!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You should go through the threads at the top of the board then , I was universally praising players from yesterday (apart from hinsh, who I have nothing against personally !)

I would say you used to be irritating often but are much less so these days. I may have even given you a few thumbs ups lately :wink:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

It can come across as if you’ve got something against him personally…probably due to the constant criticism

However you don’t deserve the volume of abuse you are receiving which really isn’t very nice to see.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He was brave to come in and play a less than ideal role. Again. Very obvious he’s not yet ready for PL but it’s about helping the team and the only way he’ll improve is to play. No complaints from me despite clearly not being good enough right now.
So you can sum up the lads game without going in on a teenager, studs up, 2 footed, on the back of an epic team performance win.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
The lad's 18, come through the academy, is the son of a former Brighton player and is Brighton* born and bred.

If ever there was a player a Brighton fan should want to succeed it's Hinshelwood. I'm genuinely shocked to see him criticised so virulently, especially when playing out of position in only his third premier league appearance. Apart from being way too early in his career to be making such concrete judgements we should be far more respectful of the fact that he's a) still a young kid and b)he's one of our own.

*Yes, I know he's technically from Worthing...but he's Brighton in the footballing sense. And geographically worthin is basically Brighton anyway :eek:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here