Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Jack Grealish

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
This has got Wet Sham all over it, with an added, the manager knew nothing about it angle!

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I just watched the rerun of Saturday's playoff final to try to get a calmer insight on the game than at the time and he had 3 good runs / attempts on goal. He has undeniable talent for getting past players but his attitude just stinks. The way he collapses holding his ankle when he's been fouled on the chest, his petulant waving of imaginary cards, that haircut, those socks. If he can be cured of that side of his game, he's worth a punt on (but not £40m).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Am I allowed to go soft for this guy? Yes, I remember his drunken antics and yes his diving, but maybe Pep has changed him. To remember to do that goal celebration for the young lad was first class and his attitude seems to have grown up. In interviews this week he sounds like an adult enjoying life.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Am I allowed to go soft for this guy? Yes, I remember his drunken antics and yes his diving, but maybe Pep has changed him. To remember to do that goal celebration for the young lad was first class and his attitude seems to have grown up. In interviews this week he sounds like an adult enjoying life.
He may be disappointed if you go soft for him but you know it happens to a lot of blokes.

On a serious not I think he is a decent bloke off the pitch.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Fabulous talent. It's virtually impossible to tackle him without fouling him. Seems to have matured into a really decent bloke. He's one of only a few players that I'd go out of my way to watch. It's a travesty that he spends so much of his time on the Citeh bench.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really like him. Seems genuinely happy to be in the squad and doesn't seem the type to rock the boat either.

Spoke well in defence of Southgate and squad choices recently also.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
May be just me but I think he has gone backwards since he went to City. Seldom looks anything special for either City or England these days (not that he plays that much) but he looks nowhere near as confident and lethal as he was when he was the main man at Villa :shrug:

I too have warmed to him though, I'll still boo him for panto value when he plays against the Albion though

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Earlier this year he did a lot of things for his 'biggest fan', a young girl with Cerebral Palsy. Some lovely videos of him meeting up with her and the utter joy on her face.

I also REALLY warmed to him after this interview. So refreshing and honest to hear. Goes someway to showing why he hasn't quite smashed it at City. He is terrified of losing the ball...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Id be forgiving if he was a drunken **** behind the wheel of 4 tonnes of metal once, but a serial offender can do one.

He could so easily have killed innocent people, and be staring down the barrel of a suspended sentence and 6 points on his license, that's how serious it was.

More likely to reoffend than learned his lesson - f**k him.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
He has come across recently as a luvvly fella. He's having a great time, that's obvious. His PR team will be happy recently. Almiron made his comments look foolish though. He's repeatedly been a drunk driver and goes out socially with alleged rapists. He's been a bit-player only for both City and England. I cannot think of a single time he has actually influenced a game since leaving Villa? I would expect a tad more for £100m.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
He has come across recently as a luvvly fella. He's having a great time, that's obvious. His PR team will be happy recently. Almiron made his comments look foolish though. He's repeatedly been a drunk driver and goes out socially with alleged rapists. He's been a bit-player only for both City and England. I cannot think of a single time he has actually influenced a game since leaving Villa? I would expect a tad more for £100m.
I’m with you and @Stat Brother on this. Actions speak louder than words and carefully constructed PR.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Players have nothing to do with transfer fees, if Palace wanted to buy Solly March for £60m that’s up to them, nothing to do with March.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The jury is out as for me regarding Grealish. I think he's a wonderful footballer. He seems to dive a lot less now at city, perhaps the culture at Villa was really that bad, something I can believe after their recent Amex antics. The cerebral palsy involvement I am sure is genuine as he has a sister with the condition. The way he behaved is reprehensible but even with this in mind, surely people deserve a second chance? Otherwise our already overflowing prisons would be places no one returned from once sent down.

On another note the video with him not knowing what an encyclopedia is is highly amusing!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I agree that he has come across very well in the interviews I've seen and obviously has a big heart, but I can't overlook the serious driving offences. He's very lucky he didn't kill anyone because he easily could have done and then the narrative around him and his ridiculous calves would be very different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here