Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jack Dorsey - Twitter CEO. Likely subpoena to appear before congress next Friday.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I'm not entirely sure that's your view, looks like one implanted in you by the right wing media

I assure you that it’s purely my view. I grew up in a Labour household with a father who worked for the TGWU. I call things as I see them. A non voter not trying to convince other non voters. Pointless exercise really but wanted to share a POV.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Your problem here is that your denouncing the left wing media using nothing but right wing media talking points. You couldn't write that post without being influenced by right wing media. So yes, the media in America are a problem, but not necessarily in the direction you think

Do the research and then come back to me. If not, don’t judge something you clearly don’t understand.

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
I just live here as a long time visitor with no dog in this hunt. I can't vote, so I'm not useful and this is a strange land getting stranger by the day. This is how I see things.

If the media didn't have double standards, they would have no standards at all. Trump endured a 3 years 24x7 news cycle that started with the word RUSSIA and included the words PUTIN and CORRUPTION. This all based on a fabricated dossier that DNC and Hillary paid for. Everything I just wrote is a fact - not conjecture, no one disputes this. He was impeached based upon the dubious testimony of an anonymous whistleblower based on conversations with the leader of Ukraine. It now turns out - and everyone here knows it - that Joe Biden was engaged in influence peddling to help his son (read about this chequered past) extort money from MANY dubious companies, notably Ukraine. Everything I just wrote is probably factual. The big traditional media channels NBC, ABC, CBS, MSNBC and print media, NYT, WAPO, LA Times are CLEARLY left wingers. They don't try to hide that fact and neutral sources have proven the bias over and over again. i can send the source links if people want them. Now the digital media FB, TW, Google are in on the act in a big way. Whether you like the orange man or not, they don't play with a straight bat, they really don't. It's Trump this, Trump that all day and all night when it's something he did. Honestly, that is what the average Joe is sick and tired of and what got him elected in the first place.

Take it or leave it, this is one expats view on things.

So much bollocks here, it's hard to know where to start:

1) whistleblower has not been discredited, it was verified by Trump's own staff
2) claiming that everyone here knows the Biden story is true is nonsense, i live in Philly too, i don't know a soul who believes it (certainly not in the light that Trump paints it)
3) none of the media outlets you mention are left wing

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
So much bollocks here, it's hard to know where to start:

1) whistleblower has not been discredited, it was verified by Trump's own staff
2) claiming that everyone here knows the Biden story is true is nonsense, i live in Philly too, i don't know a soul who believes it (certainly not in the light that Trump paints it)
3) none of the media outlets you mention are left wing

https://www.allsides.com/sites/default/files/AllSidesMediaBiasChart-Version3.jpg

Really? A neutral perspective on network bias.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019
https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...6fabf0-b8e4-11e7-a908-a3470754bbb9_story.html

Interesting article
WAPO - Left leaning newspaper. Their research, not mine. Must be bullshit then.

Interesting article, albeit with the incorrect claim that the steele dossier sparked the Mueller report. I hadn't realised the Republicans first paid for
Fusion GPS to investigate Trump before they uncovered the links with Russia, and the DNC then started to pay for the investigation.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ny...-russia-investigation-steele-dossier.amp.html

KeithDublin

Aug 23, 2019

that list has the new York Times and msnbc in the same column as Jacobin, so that's an utter joke of a website.

CNN, WA PO without doubt have a liberal bias, but their articles are fact checked and confirmed before being published.....which does seem to be an issue with the New York Post article.

Perhaps if you live in a strange world, where Biden is also left wing, then these news sources are also left wing. But not in the real world.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
that list has the new York Times and msnbc in the same column as Jacobin, so that's an utter joke of a website.

CNN, WA PO without doubt have a liberal bias, but their articles are fact checked and confirmed before being published.....which does seem to be an issue with the New York Post article.

Perhaps if you live in a strange world, where Biden is also left wing, then these news sources are also left wing. But not in the real world.

Trump's tactic from Day One was to confuse the media's biases with 'fake news' and sadly some people can't tell the difference. But there's a heck of a difference.

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia
I believe that the data came from Hunters old laptop which he put in for repair. I think the old disk has now passed onto the FBI.

Re Trumps tax returns. These are private, so how did they get to the reporter then? Someone stole them.
Not necessarily - I remember reading that his niece obtained a copy of them as part of discovery in her lawsuit against the rest of the family. She could well have leaked them.
The New York Times publicly stated that the returns were not obtained by illegal means.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
CNN, WA PO without doubt have a liberal bias, but their articles are fact checked and confirmed before being published.....

Interesting how the "left wing" press often does this whereas the "right wing" press rarely (mainly never) does. Yet respectable news outlets often get perceived as being "biased" by right wing morons not because there is a genuine conspiracy to give more copy space to the left but actually because any respectable news outlet isn't going to want to print a load of absolute bobbins. Apparently lies need to have as much copy space and air time as the truth otherwise it's "not fair".

What is the world coming to?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

John Gable, the founder and CEO of Allsides, was a Republican activist. Do you think that may influence his organisation’s perspective of what constitutes the left/right leaning of the news outlets his company analyses?

“ Gable was previously a Republican operative, working for three Senate majority leaders (Howard Baker, Trent Lott, Mitch McConnell), the Republican National Committee and George H.W. Bush.”

https://www.ted.com/speakers/john_gable

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Do the research and then come back to me. If not, don’t judge something you clearly don’t understand.

I have, I've seen these arguments on right wing media, just like you have, and then I've seen the counter arguments and refutations elsewhere, which you haven't.

At the end of the day you're just repeating conspiracy theory tropes, it's not worth a lot of time.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Interesting how the "left wing" press often does this whereas the "right wing" press rarely (mainly never) does. Yet respectable news outlets often get perceived as being "biased" by right wing morons not because there is a genuine conspiracy to give more copy space to the left but actually because any respectable news outlet isn't going to want to print a load of absolute bobbins. Apparently lies need to have as much copy space and air time as the truth otherwise it's "not fair".

What is the world coming to?

'A lie will get halfway round the world before the truth has got its pants on', said someone once :thumbsup:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
"Do the research" = watch utter bollocks videos on YouTube.

It's the modern day equivalent of listening to the drunk bloke in the pub who shouts at trees, and calling it RESEARCH.

**** me.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here