Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've Never Felt So Elated After a Defeat.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
Now I hate losing like the rest of you, but today was different.
Down to 9 men for almost the entire match, you expect to be hammered.
To lose 1-0 was certainly no disgrace. In fact it was an amazing, hard working and disciplinned performance from each and every Albion player on the pitch.
I felt sorry for Kaz and Harley who were substituted for tactical reasons.
Nooney was fantastic and throughly deserved his sponsor's Man of the Match award, but it could have been anyone?
Every man jack deserves a medal after that performance, as do the crowd.
That was the Albion with backs against the wall, team and supporters working in harmony against all odds, and nearly, oh so nearly pulling off a miraculous result.
It normally takes me at least until the next day to get over a defeat, but today I'm over the moon with this loss!

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
To lose 1-0 was certainly no disgrace. In fact it was a amazing, hard working and disciplinned performance from each and every Albion player on the pitch.
Nooney was fantastic and throughly deserved his sponsor's Man of the Match award, but it could have been anyone?
That was the Albion with backs against the wall, team and supporters working in harmony against all odds, and nearly, oh so nearly pulling off a miraculous result.
It normally takes me at least until the next day to get over a defeat, but today I'm over the moon with this loss!

Me too-strange,but it's true

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Agree with you entirely. Superb team performance in the face of going down to 9 men.

This could be the springboard that we put a series of great performances together from.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
To lose 1-0 was certainly no disgrace. In fact it was an amazing, hard working and disciplinned performance from each and every Albion player on the pitch.
#
this

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
You are absolutley right. I am usually Mr Grumpy after any defeat but I left the Amex with my son saying that was a brilliant Albion performance, a great game of football and a superb atmosphere. It was "night and day" different to what I was expecting but so enjoyable. I hope that Reading is as exciting but for different reasons.

Well done boys, all 9 of you.

nickbenjoe

May 3, 2009
Great performance, we lost but so many positives
We battled, the atmosphere was great on a par with our first couple of home fixtures at the Amex

If only we had a band to help us singing the great escape tune a game I will never forget

Roll on Southampton !!!!!!!!!

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Glad that others feel the same. I thought something was wrong with me for enjoying the match and feeling in a relativley good mood after. Bring on Reading Coventry and Southampton.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Agree with you entirely. Superb team performance in the face of going down to 9 men.

This could be the springboard that we put a series of great performances together from.

I posted something similar on another thread. Last season the catalyst for our gritty gutsy performances throughout March, I think, arose from the Charlton game at Withdean when Calderon was sent off and we put in a great performance that time.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I posted something similar on another thread. Last season the catalyst for our gritty gutsy performances throughout March, I think, arose from the Charlton game at Withdean when Calderon was sent off and we put in a great performance that time.

That game was a major boost/turning point,call it what u may and i think the week before we could have lost top spot had Wednsday beat Exeter away-they lost 0-5 from memory.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Agree. Just back in Staffordshire and buzzing.

Gus is worse the entrance fee alone. When he stormed down the tunnel I realised he was stood right next to me. I wanted to say well done keep them going but the look on his face said he might just kill me.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The players did us proud & I'm sure they appreciated the support we gave them.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden

You been on the class A's again Gra ?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location

Well summed up. 100 times more entertaining than the Forest game and what a great atmosphere! I would not have picked a MOM, i thought everyone played their part. And it shows when we mix it up a bit, we create more chances (the odd long ball does not do any harm)....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here