Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I've never felt more like singing the blues

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
When Brighton win and Palace lose, oh Brighton, you got me singing the blues !

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
i seeeeeeee

i still think it is a crucial flaw that in the double-meaning it contradicts itself

and it would still work if we 'blues' had lost! in fact it would make more sense as both readable meanings would tally! i suppose it's ironic like a lot of footie songs...

anyway thats enough of me being a boring sod...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
i seeeeeeee

i still think it is a crucial flaw that in the double-meaning it contradicts itself

and it would still work if we 'blues' had lost! in fact it would make more sense as both readable meanings would tally! i suppose it's ironic like a lot of footie songs...

anyway thats enough of me being a boring sod...

stop analysing it and start singing it. :thumbsup:

Oh I never felt more like singing the blues
When Brighton win and Palace lose
Oh Brighton, you've got me singing the blue.

Wardyland

Jan 7, 2010
Seaford
stop analysing it and start singing it. :thumbsup:

Oh I never felt more like singing the blues
Oh Brighton, you've got me singing the blue.

you sing the blues when you're pissed off. Everyone knows that don't they?
obviously not.
are you palace in disguise?:facepalm:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It's a shit song, it does not make any sense and frankly makes us sound as inbred as Palace. It just doesn't work.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's not a song, it's a bloody football institution! As said above, good to have it back.

Oh Brighton, you got me singing the blues.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It's part of Albion folklore.

We used to sing it a lot and then things went a bit shit thanks to Archer and Stanley, bloody great to be able to sing it again imo

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
For any wondering about the 'blues' bit, it's sung by teams that play in blue - Man City, Sheff Wed and Everton being the chief exponents of the craft (well according to Wikipedia anyhoo)

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
I have only ever heard it sund at other clubs when their team loses as their rivals win. It has always, to me, meant that this song can only be sung if we lose and palace win. You sing the blues when you are sad.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Are people really moaning about this? Christ, next it'll be "but we don't go down the old shoreham road anymore"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Are people really moaning about this? Christ, next it'll be "but we don't go down the old shoreham road anymore"

True and since we are on about incorrect songs, when did Peter Ward play from number 1 to number 12, ridiculous, Can't believe that no-one has picked up on this Wardy Wonderland rubbish

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
True and since we are on about incorrect songs, when did Peter Ward play from number 1 to number 12, ridiculous, Can't believe that no-one has picked up on this Wardy Wonderland rubbish

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here