Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ivan toney going to be in trouble - BANNED for 8 months to 17th Jan 2024

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's not exactly hard to get around it either if he really wanted to is it?

I assume partners can bet?
Don’t think they can (there is an ‘associated persons’ rule’) - and the electronic surveillance screening picks up address matches (amongst other things) so would likely be identified (unless they were using a different address).

Actual rules

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he's their top scorer and best player and they are looking to qualify for Europe, they will literally come up with any justification they can
This. Perhaps of more relevance is whether he's in the right headspace to play any time soon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s between the FA and Toney. Brentford at most can just offer mitigation on what a ‘lovely’ bloke he is, recently dropping off presents at Battersea Dogs Home.

Barton served a 13 month ban for over 1,000 bets. Sturridge and Trippier got shorter bans for insider information - telling friends and family to bet on their transfers.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
If Joey Barton got an 18 month band for over 1200 bets on football over a span of 10 year then Toney should get around 3 month ban.
However times have moved on, and the players have meetings every year they have to attend by the PFA when they run through all the rule changes for the coming season and that includes a lengthy section about gambling, he clearly ignored that and even went to certain lengths to disguise betting.
I think anywhere between 6-9 months is what can be expected and with around two years left on his contract an interesting conundrum for Brentford.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he'll get 12 months with another 6 or 12 suspended depending on whether he re-offends or not. I don't think they'll let him get away with it entirely but I don't think the punishment is going to be as savage as many are expecting or what would be reasonable.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I think you are all being terribly nasty about poor Ivan. He is only earning about £1.1m a year at Brentford and he clearly needed the winnings from his betting to tied him over. You can all be terribly nasty at times.

#freeivantoney

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I think you are all being terribly nasty about poor Ivan. He is only earning about £1.1m a year at Brentford and he clearly needed the winnings from his betting to tied him over. You can all be terribly nasty at times.

#freeivantoney
Aren’t all of the charges relating to his time at Peterborough ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's not exactly hard to get around it either if he really wanted to is it?

I assume partners can bet?
True. But it’s a difficult trail to hide. It will need plenty of communication and the transfer of money.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Aren’t all of the charges relating to his time at Peterborough ?
No - go right up to 2021

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No - go right up to 2021

6 month ban … if needs be, bet he’d like it to include the closed season. Starting 1st August is more meaningful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here