Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Iv let the dust settle BUT...

storer

Nov 28, 2010
Unlike some on here, iv let the dust settle after the trip to Selhurst...

Iv seen CMS being compared to Hart and Revell which almost makes me throw up, CMS is our top scorer, best striker by a mile, and has recognised as that and played for his national team. He missed a sitter yes, shud of scored, but i think that sentance can be said about nearly every1 in our team this season. a striker coach at the club maybe would help?

Anyway....as i was saying...dust settled BUT...

a. are the scummers who work at Selhurst being aloud to get away with the fact at half time PALACE fans and BRIGHTON fans were aloud to come face to face inside the ground in the concourse area? any news on tht unacceptable incident?

b. in Gus i trust, but any1 else feel his lack of respect for this Derby match is beyond a joke? teams with 10 men have won games before, Gus is using that as a huuuuge excuse for a poor team selection and lack of passion taken into the game

c. I would like to see players apologise via social media after such a poor display, they seem quick to lap up the praise but never apologetic when things go wrong due to there own downfall...

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
You're 48 hours too late.

Just for future reference, in case you were unaware, it's I've. As in, 'I have'. Not Intravenous Therapy or any Roman numeral :)

Feb 14, 2010
CMS and Barnes have missed sitter after sitter all season. Not just on Saturday. If you wont take the word of 26000 punters that have seen it week in week out or the press who have written the match reports then ask Poyet, and the players who said so in the press.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Understand your frustrations and think you are right in saying they all played a 5 out of 10. Sometimes when down to 10 men you can find that additional extra. Let's not forget that they faced 85 minutes against the top of the table side and were beaten by 3 goals, two of which were pens and one of which was v debatable. All I would add is...

a. the gates that separated the two sets of supporters would have remained intact if they had not been forced open
b. I'd really rather like Gus to treat this match like any other match. I want the team to be as focused at beating Barnsley as they are at Palace
c. Buckley has apologised. It's on BBC.co.uk. Don't know about the others, but I'm not expecting or looking for mass apologies

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
A) we're very angry about the Brighton thugs who kicked open the gates to get at us as well. That said we don't think they're indicative of Brighton fans just indicative of moronic revolting Neanderthals. That said I'd expect that this and the damage will be reported to both the FA and the OB.

B) Gus got you promoted to the Championship, got you to finish above us for the first time in 20 years and to look like a side that will be in the shake up at the end of the season. The person you should be blaming is Dunk.

C) Buckley has apologised on BBC website.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Did I hear Gus right, when interviewed after the game saying....."it's not a typical derby"???.. Because a player getting sent off, a hostile crowd, a homer referee thrown into the mix sounds like a typical derby to me....Or was he saying it's not Tottenham/Arsenal or Utd/City or Liverpool/Everton so it don't really matter and I can't really see what all the fuss is about??? Maybe he should swat up on the club he is being paid to manage and start showing the fans a bit of respect. No chance of him saying sorry, fair play to Buckley though.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
A) we're very angry about the Brighton thugs who kicked open the gates to get at us as well. That said we don't think they're indicative of Brighton fans just indicative of moronic revolting Neanderthals. That said I'd expect that this and the damage will be reported to both the FA and the OB.

B) Gus got you promoted to the Championship, got you to finish above us for the first time in 20 years and to look like a side that will be in the shake up at the end of the season. The person you should be blaming is Dunk.

C) Buckley has apologised on BBC website.

This is SPOT ON. Glad you realise that 99% of Brighton fans are good people, all teams have a few PRICKS.

storer

Nov 28, 2010
sorry mate, i thought this was a forum, not an exam.

Ok fair play to Buckley and Bruno, only just seen these links as iv tried to forget about it, maybe i should clarify who an apology would be nice from...Dunk? Greer (our leader)? and CMS as in this game, yes he had the chance to change the swing of it.

I was kind of hoping that some1 could spread if they have heard any more or anything following the 'Gate Opening' incident. I saw it as maybe if they had less police and stewards guarding the wheelie bins outside it may of been prevented? if a gate can be 'forced' open by a small number of men, is that safe in a stand holding rival fans?

Dec 29, 2011
Did I hear Gus right, when interviewed after the game saying....."it's not a typical derby"???.. Because a player getting sent off, a hostile crowd, a homer referee thrown into the mix sounds like a typical derby to me....Or was he saying it's not Tottenham/Arsenal or Utd/City or Liverpool/Everton so it don't really matter and I can't really see what all the fuss is about??? Maybe he should swat up on the club he is being paid to manage and start showing the fans a bit of respect. No chance of him saying sorry, fair play to Buckley though.

He was referring to the distance between the clubs. Buckley doesn't need to apologise, thought he had an OK game.

Feb 14, 2010
Us Brighton fans cannot blame anyone but Brighton fans for Brighton kicking gates open to start a punch up. There are some on NSC who fail to see the reality of the nasty element in our support. Palace have every right to have a go.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

The first thing he said was that he felt sorry for the fans because they had paid to come and see a good game and didn't get one.

COYP

Oct 1, 2012
sorry mate, i thought this was a forum, not an exam.

Ok fair play to Buckley and Bruno, only just seen these links as iv tried to forget about it, maybe i should clarify who an apology would be nice from...Dunk? Greer (our leader)? and CMS as in this game, yes he had the chance to change the swing of it.

I was kind of hoping that some1 could spread if they have heard any more or anything following the 'Gate Opening' incident. I saw it as maybe if they had less police and stewards guarding the wheelie bins outside it may of been prevented? if a gate can be 'forced' open by a small number of men, is that safe in a stand holding rival fans?

It's never been forced open before and that includes games v Leeds, West Ham, Chelsea etc. Stop trying to come up with someone else to blame and realise that some (not all or even a really significant minority) of your fans are animals and should be identified and banned from ever going to a match home or away again.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
Buckers seemed to get how much this match meant to our fans especially those that went and had to try and watch the game through metal girders. He said that ten men can often win or draw a match which was my arguement on Saturday night. A real proper bloke I think.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I was in the vicinity of this gate thing when it started (not me guv) and I didn't get the impression that it was kicked open as such, I thought a steward momentarily left it. At which point the knobbers (on our side) took the chance to go wading across to try & let Palace's knobbers just how hard they were, sweeping up bystanders including children as they did so.

I'm not defending the twats for a second, as it was clearly those on our side who were the main aggressors, I just didn't get the impression anybody actually forced the gate in the first place.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
It's never been forced open before and that includes games v Leeds, West Ham, Chelsea etc. Stop trying to come up with someone else to blame and realise that some (not all or even a really significant minority) of your fans are animals and should be identified and banned from ever going to a match home or away again.

Didn't your fans do the same at the Amex?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Closely followed by, it's not really a typical derby anyway.

He was referring to the circumstances surrounding the match "No complaints - it's a Derby and it hurts because we lose, but it was not a typical one, so we need to accept it".

You can and will interpret that any way you like. I know what he meant though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here