Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ITV Daybreak do you deliberately wind up the working people in this country?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
To be honest, this appears to be just another thing to complain about. It's impossible to get a benefits scheme to please everyone. It's impossible to send aid to everyone.

This does not mean the system doesn't need scrutiny etc. But people should learn to have some tolerances.
It's impossible to have a benefits system which only helps those who deserve it and gives exactly the right amount.
Babies and bath water.

This. She's living by the law. So are Google, Amazon etc. Given a choice of benefit and corp tax legislation I know which one I'd plump for first. But everyone please carry on moaning about a relatively minor case like this. You could maybe write a letter to The Argus complaining about people cycling on the Hove prom next or some other big issue.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
This. She's living by the law. So are Google, Amazon etc. Given a choice of benefit and corp tax legislation I know which one I'd plump for first. But everyone please carry on moaning about a relatively minor case like this. You could maybe write a letter to The Argus complaining about people cycling on the Hove prom next or some other big issue.

Good idea, nothing is relevant till it's in The Argus.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Who watches itv?

Only good for Tour de France on ITV4 daily (even then, not ITV's idea at all .... an independent and great production that for many years was on C4 .... ITV4 must have simply outbid C4 when they saw it was popular).

Regarding 'Wayne' - interesting that he 'couldn't get work' in one of the most affluent and employed areas of the country, even though his period included several years of economic boom. If all true, just sounds like a lazy cnt and hopefully affected by benefits cuts.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
7.20 live in Maidstone, another Wayne and Waynetta story, living in a one bedroomed flat, 5 kids (nice plasma screen TV though), neither parent has worked since 2005, £27,000 a year benefit, now demanding a four bedroomed house from the Council.

Don't you just love it as your preparing for another full days work?

Jeremy Kyle is in the house

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Haven't seen this in the media but surprised no one seems concerned that there are 7 people living in a one bed flat. Housing is a basic need and the circumstances of their parents is not the fault of the children. If we want the children to grow up to become citizens who contribute to society then they need adequate housing.

One of the problems causing the housing shortage is split families. Couples divorce so then take up two houses as they have joint custody of the children,each needing a couple of spare bedrooms for part of the time. I know of a couple of families like this where a parent is living in a 3 bed house which is empty half of the time.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
You lot are a right bundle of joyless moaning whingers

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's all the fashion. Have a kid and get given a flat. Have a second and you get a house. She even said contraception doesn't work for her.

It annoys me when I hear talk of contraception doesn't work , haven't they heard of sterilisation ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here