Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's time to get behind Andy Murray

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
He openly boasted that he wanted the England World Cup football team to loose.
So, the sweaty sock can go and stuff himself.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm right behind Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, personally.

He is GREAT.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I hope Murray wins it. There, I've said it.

He WON'T though - obviously....

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My opinion on the matter is: Meh

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Murray for me. He's certainly earnt my respect, and he's been awesome since Queens. I don't think he's anywhere good enough to beat Nadal though.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Most people's dislike of Murray seems to stem from sources that are either baseless or childish. Get behind him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Tsonga is charismatic and looks like he's enjoying himself whilst playing and interacting with the crowd, unlike Murray who looks like it's no fun at all and has no charisma either. No brainer as to who I'm supporting.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Same with the women isn't it? Hard to get behind any of them except perhaps that Lisicki one, because they're all dull automatons. At least Lisicki looks like she's up for it. If Murray wasn't British (hoho), then nobody would be behind him any more than, say, Djokovic, because he's boring.

I should add I'm not watching this afternoon so I've no idea if Lisicki's even still in the tournament.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
He openly boasted that he wanted the England World Cup football team to loose.
So, the sweaty sock can go and stuff himself.

I cannot believe that people are still going on about this.

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup and England hadn't, and you were in Scotland and a Scottish reporter was winding you up and taking the piss out of you for it (bearing in mind you are only about 18) can you not imagine yourself jokingly saying back that Scotland are rubbish and you hope they get thrashed anyway, or something similar?

It's not like he called a press conference and said "I'd just like to announce that I hate England and want them to lose every game", is it? Give the guy a break.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
. At least Lisicki looks like she's up for it. .

I agree - she looks quite game. Whereas Shara, fit though she undoubatably is, gives the impression she'd just lie there like a sack of spuds, frowning.

I'm glad you've been giving this the same thought.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree - she looks quite game. Whereas Shara, fit though she undoubatably is, gives the impression she'd just lie there like a sack of spuds, frowning.

I'm glad you've been giving this the same thought.

Just IMAGINE the racket she'd make though. Probably wake the neighbours.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Can't say I like Murray much but nevertheless would like to see him beat Nadal for once, I don't think I've ever seen Nadal lose and it's getting boring! Unfortunately I doubt Murray will win, it will be a repeat of the French Open clash between the two.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I cannot believe that people are still going on about this.

If Scotland had qualified for the World Cup and England hadn't, and you were in Scotland and a Scottish reporter was winding you up and taking the piss out of you for it (bearing in mind you are only about 18) can you not imagine yourself jokingly saying back that Scotland are rubbish and you hope they get thrashed anyway, or something similar?

It's not like he called a press conference and said "I'd just like to announce that I hate England and want them to lose every game", is it? Give the guy a break.

Nope

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here