Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's the Cardinal's birthday

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
My favourite Tax man story was waiting to get the first train out of Brighton to some northern outpost to see a dishevelled taxman arrive looking a bit rough and him then explaining that he couldn't find his house when he went home on the Friday. It turned out that his building was having work done so scaffolding was present. Apparently it had been up for over a week.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
My favourite Tax man story was waiting to get the first train out of Brighton to some northern outpost to see a dishevelled taxman arrive looking a bit rough and him then explaining that he couldn't find his house when he went home on the Friday. It turned out that his building was having work done so scaffolding was present. Apparently it had been up for over a week.

That is fantastic. :lolol:

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Met some Middlesboro fans in Paris in 98. Upon hearing I was an Albion fan one of them asked 'do I know Pete the Taxman. ' They then recoiled a story of them abroad with him once, (very amusing) It turns out its not just us Brighton fans that know him.

Not only one of the faces of The Albion over the last few decades, but probably one of the nicest and most popular.

Happy Birthday Pete.:drink::drink:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Happy Birthday Pete.
I imagine you might be in The BoT Saturday....
One game at Withdean I'd met some friends from Charlton at Brighton and we went for a drink in the Battle. Decided to get a cab to the game so left about 7.25 thinking we were leaving it a bit late.
Felt better when I saw Pete ordering a pint of cider as we left, confidently telling us he was getting a cab too and wouldn't miss kick off. And he didn't.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Happy birthday to one of Brighton's finest. I love the story of him missing the coach back from Liverpool a few years back. That photo of him in Poland defending the Queen's honour is a belter too.

Smiley Miley

Jan 16, 2015
Felpham
Honoured to say I have been a friend of The Cardinals for some 35 years, original founding members of the BCC. Lost touch for a while but now we always stop and have a chat. One of the good guys in life, although he probably doesn't remember most of it. Happy birthday Sir Pete. X

seaford

Feb 8, 2007
I did have a picture of him from cologne 1988 but when i showed it to him he ripped it up? ENGLISH MAN ENGLISH MAN! My best memory was stalking the tax man through the streets of cologne as he stumbled around in the early hours searching for the hotel???

Holy shit - I remember that as I was in Cologne on that trip.

My favourite story was when we were at Leeds for an away game (I think the 3-2 when Graham Pearce scored in the last minute in front of the South Stand) we were to the right of the South Stand, and they started singing there is only one Billy Bunter at Pete, which was funny at the time. I remember Pete saying it was slightly worrying when a Leeds fan came up to him at the train station and said "Hello Billy".

A true gentlemen - Happy Birthday Pete.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
As my computer was down, I missed all these tributes on the day, but then I did manage to 'have a few' with him.

He doesn't look in here much but I know he'd be touched by the comments and the fondness you have for him. he's one of those nice guys who really doesn't feel worthy of such. he's just pete, a nice guy who likes an apple juice of dozen.

Way too many stories, way too many who probably wouldn't want to hear too but he's one of those characters everybody loves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here