Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's that time of year again (Spiders)

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Depends on the exact location, vacuum cleaner, the shower, elastic band all are options depending on size and location.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Or try this.
http://www.qwerkity.com/spider-catc...mipa754_zf1givhrvtch18hasweaqyayabegk_cpd_bwe

Apparently, garden spiders that come in for a bit of warmth will eventually die in the house because its not their natural environment. My sons noticed dead spiders hanging in webs around the house and thought they were all in some kind of suicide pact.
House spiders are usually much bigger and are good for keeping other little beasties at bay, but these are the ones that scare the crap out of most people because of their size. I usually do the glass/paper routine and put them outside for show, knowing they will come back, Ive told my boys they are respectful housemates and we should all try get along. They still freak out though.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I just let them be and go on their merry little business. Unless I'm in bed and the git is walking over my face.

Exactly this. I'm not frightened of spiders in the slightest, but with heights, I'm a quivering wreck.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Spiders are welcome in my house.

They perform a service to us, they kill and eat all sorts of bugs and mites we never see, disease ridden flies are exterminated.

All they ask in return for this free service is a little help getting out of the bath every now and then.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They perform a service to us, they kill and eat all sorts of bugs and mites we never see, disease ridden flies are exterminated.

All they ask in return for this free service is a little help getting out of the bath every now and then.

You mean with the power-shower ? [emoji23][emoji23]

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Spider Paw 1.jpeg
Spider Paw 2.jpeg
Spider Paw 3.jpeg

But they have cute little paws :)

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Apart from a Gattlin Gun and laser guided arachnid death rays , how do you deal with the seasonal home invasion of these pretty harmless yet pant pooping critters?

View attachment 89761

That's about the size of spider we get over here.
I use a product called Coopex and spray it around the perimeter of the buildings.
When it dries it acts like a barrier to the bugs, they just won't cross it, this combined with setting bombs off in the roof spaces, along with mouse bait throw bags and roach baits in every room keeps us everything free all year round.
I have to do it every 4 months or so mind.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
What the hell? Imagine that cupboard after a few months!! What else do you keep in there? If I did that my wife would kill me and roll me into the spider cupboard.

You're actually mental :)

I would love to hear how your wife would deal with them, the mind boggles !

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I scoop them up and either:

1. Put outside if I think that's where they came from.
2. Put in a dark corner or a cupboard if they are house spiders that won't last outside.

I'm kind I am.

Or try this.
http://www.qwerkity.com/spider-catc...mipa754_zf1givhrvtch18hasweaqyayabegk_cpd_bwe

Apparently, garden spiders that come in for a bit of warmth will eventually die in the house because its not their natural environment. My sons noticed dead spiders hanging in webs around the house and thought they were all in some kind of suicide pact.
House spiders are usually much bigger and are good for keeping other little beasties at bay, but these are the ones that scare the crap out of most people because of their size. I usually do the glass/paper routine and put them outside for show, knowing they will come back, Ive told my boys they are respectful housemates and we should all try get along. They still freak out though.

I've always liked them, they kill wasps which I'm possibly allergic to

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
Spiders have their taste buds on the tips of their legs. They hate citrus, lavender, peppermint, citronella, cinnamon, tea tree and cloves.
But as others have said, they are our friend and keep other things out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Leave them. They keep the mozzies and other bugs down. They're our friends. Ugly, hairy-******* friends admittedly, but friends.

Seconded. I like spiders in the house, the more the merrier

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We have this high tech thing called a cat that eats all things creepy crawly, excerpts wasps!

Like you I have two feline guided creepy crawly exterminators. However if I get to the 8 legged furry arachnid first I will put them out, or if I can't be bothered I just shout for the cat squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here