Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's that time again.. Your starting XI vs Chelski

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Under the assumption we won't be signing anyone else before Monday evening.

My XI would be;

(5-3-2) Ryan, Lamptey, White, Webster, Dunk, March, Bissouma, Alzate, Lallana, Maupay, Trossard

I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Could be worth keeping White on the bench for Veltman until the transfer window shuts to prevent interest from the big teams who probably don’t want to take a risk while he’s unproven at this level. If he plays well against Chelsea and United, someone might take a punt on deadline day.

Mind you he wouldn’t be happy with that and Leeds fans would be up in arms. But who cares about them

I think a simple 'no' to said big clubs should be enough. He'll play.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Ryan
Webster-White-Dunk
Veltman-Bissouma-Alzate-March
Trossard-Maupay-Lallana​

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I think this may very well be pretty much it, but with a sneaking suspicion that Veltman will be in for White. It would be bold to have White who has never played at the top level and the still pretty green Lamptey covering the right hand side together. It could be Veltman for Lamptey of course, but from what I've read he's better suited to CB than RB/RWB. Lamptey has the pace, offers a lot going forward and also has a point to prove, so I'd say Ben White is more likely to make way.

Chelsea's defence is their weakness, so I think we'll need to go at them rather than try to contain.

Agree with you that Veltman is likely to start ahead of White but other than that the team above does look like our bet starting XI

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Could be worth keeping White on the bench for Veltman until the transfer window shuts to prevent interest from the big teams who probably don’t want to take a risk while he’s unproven at this level. If he plays well against Chelsea and United, someone might take a punt on deadline day.

Mind you he wouldn’t be happy with that and Leeds fans would be up in arms. But who cares about them

He’s signed a 4 year contract about 10 days ago and it’s already started :lol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Haven’t read the thread but we need Argy Mac, Trossard and one other to step up this season.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
3-5-1-1
Ryan,

White, Webster, Dunk,

Lamptey, Bissouma, Alzate, Lallana, Burn,

Trossard

Maupay,

Keep it tight as long as we can then throw on March, Connolly, Propper.

So no more Potterball. That sounds very like Hughton tactics

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I like this a lot.

Could do with a proper striker instead of Trossard, and an upgrade to March. They might come, but unlikely we will see them before Chelsea though.

But either way, this is a selection that can get results. Bravo.

Agree. Must sign a striker. Trossard is best on the left. But this looks like a good side & costs less than Man United paid for Harry MaGuire.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here