Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's only August 19th

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So weird, I had this exact same thought earlier. 40 points still the first aim though, of course!

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
So weird, I had this exact same thought earlier. 40 points still the first aim though, of course!
Weren't Hull or someone similar top of the table early on the season they were relegated so spot on, 40 points first, not counting chickens just yet.

Juan Albion

Chicken Sniffer 3rd Class
Weren't Hull or someone similar top of the table early on the season they were relegated so spot on, 40 points first, not counting chickens just yet.
It's not the points we've got, it's the players we've got, the manager we've got, and the ownership we've got.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
IIRC, Hull weren't relegated but slip right the table after a long losing run. They were relegated the following season.

The difference is that they were riding on the momentum of being promoted, that doesn't apply to us. And we have RDZ rather than Phil Brown 😂

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Luton and Wolves are/were shit. But i'm confident of a reasonably mid table position. But i won't be counting any chickens until we hit the magic 40 points.
Disagree Wolves weren’t shit at all and broke our lines a few times. We were better much better. Sad our own fans refuse to acknowledge this. RDZ has us now playing thinking like a top side the fan base needs to catch up as our coach is way ahead of lots of them.

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
And I'm already 100% sure that we won't get relegated this season. What a time to be an Albion fan.
It’s now 20th August. How do you feel about it now?

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Disagree Wolves weren’t shit at all and broke our lines a few times. We were better much better. Sad our own fans refuse to acknowledge this. RDZ has us now playing thinking like a top side the fan base needs to catch up as our coach is way ahead of lots of them.
Agree with this, how many times did we hear that the opposition we’d just beaten were a shit team or they were well below their usual standards, or they had a bad day, when in actual fact the way we play made them look poor and well beaten !

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
It was obvious before the season started that we would not be relegated. Top 4 is more likely, in my positive view.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I remember when Carlisle went top after winning 3 out of 3 including a win at Stamford Bridge…
God when was that ?

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
I remember when Carlisle went top after winning 3 out of 3 including a win at Stamford Bridge…
God when was that ?
Cheated and looked it up, 1974/75, passed me by.

5Ways Gull

È quello che è
Feb 2, 2009
Fiveways, Brighton
Luton and Wolves are/were shit. But i'm confident of a reasonably mid table position. But i won't be counting any chickens until we hit the magic 40 points.
It wasn't that long ago that we were struggling to get results against that sort of team. I'm sure it happened loads when we were managed by that bloke who got paid megabucks to go to Chelsea (briefly).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here