Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's not often I agree with a Tory.......

D

Deleted member 22389

You do realise they don't actually want our aid etc ?

I think we stopped aid to countries like India. I think they even said they don't want our money. If we are still sending it, we should stop it now because they don't have any problems spending money sending an orbiter to Mars.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
While I do think "political education" is necessary - it would be catastrophic to be anything but completely objective and absolutely truthful. Regular people need to be taught about the truth about capitalism and the resulting inequality and destruction of the environment - and also the alternatives to it. Only then can they make their own choices.

Taught 'the truth' (according to you) that capitalism is bad and only then allowed to make their choice. How is that either objective or truthful?

Mannie

Jun 4, 2014
Brighton
The budget deficit that has risen in the last 2 years under Osbornes chancellorship ?

I often think that ALL politicians are criminally complacent and the general population has been numbed into a trance like acceptance of debt and the word billion viz.

The National Debt stands at c£100 billion pounds i.e. they spend one hundred thousand million pounds over and above what they receive in tax.

WE pay a lot of interest on these loads (bonds etc)

In August the treasury paid £16,727,354,557.41 (c sixteen thousand million pounds) in interest

So far this year they have paid £254,202,606,300.18 (c 254 thousand million pounds) in interest

How can you carry on spending that much more than the tax receipts, and particularly that much interest

Quite frankly it scares the pants off me

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It's definitely going to be close next May. Some vote winning ideas from the Tories today I see.

> 40% income tax not to kick in until £50k
> Personal allowance to increase to £12.5k
> Scrap the Human Rights Act

Could see the UKIP popularity dropping slightly with those.

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
I often think that ALL politicians are criminally complacent and the general population has been numbed into a trance like acceptance of debt and the word billion viz.

The National Debt stands at c£100 billion pounds i.e. they spend one hundred thousand million pounds over and above what they receive in tax.

WE pay a lot of interest on these loads (bonds etc)

In August the treasury paid £16,727,354,557.41 (c sixteen thousand million pounds) in interest

So far this year they have paid £254,202,606,300.18 (c 254 thousand million pounds) in interest

How can you carry on spending that much more than the tax receipts, and particularly that much interest

Quite frankly it scares the pants off me
I've got an idea....sell our gold reserves like Brown did....oh! wait a minute...

It's definitely going to close next May. Some vote winning ideas from the Tories today I see.

Sounds like he did very well today. If he can stop too many voters defecting to UKIP I think he's got this one in the bag. For all of his faults he's much more convincing than Milliband (and Osbourne is more convincing than Balls, etc. etc.) and he knows it. Expect to see more and more policy aimed at bringing back UKIPers and less targeted at the 'middle ground'.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It's definitely going to be close next May. Some vote winning ideas from the Tories today I see.

Scrap human rights?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here