Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] It's not funny, these guys are Heroes.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Interesting thread here, written when a soldier collapsed by the queen's coffin.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I used to go up every year to the Trooping. One thing that I often wondered was that obviously, on a
hot day in June, as one of the band or guards you need to be properly hydrated prior, but the thing goes on for
over two and half hours. Suppose you're busting for the toilet on parade. What the hell do you do?

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I used to go up every year to the Trooping. One thing that I often wondered was that obviously, on a
hot day in June, as one of the band or guards you need to be properly hydrated prior, but the thing goes on for
over two and half hours. Suppose you're busting for the toilet on parade. What the hell do you do?
Piss yourself.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Seems like they’re just waiting for someone to die of heatstroke before the army comes to its senses. It’s a ridiculous way to treat our armed forces. In any other occupation they would be taken to the cleaners by the health and safety executive.
Three soldiers died of heatstroke in the Brecon Beacons a few years ago after a gruelling march while training for the SAS.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
IMG-20230611-WA0001.jpg

Whilst on a military theme.
This is an early picture of @swindonseagull on manoeuvres on the South Downs. :lolol:

Last edited:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
View attachment 162177
Whilst on a military theme.
This is an early picture of @swindonseagull on manoeuvres on the South Downs. :lolol:
I was a JT and had a Land rover licence,....thats where the similarity ends........Now somewhere there is a photo of me up the the axles in an LDV on Ascension Island after not reading local orders about dodgy sand!! guess being a Chief helped smooth the situation.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I was a JT and had a Land rover licence,....thats where the similarity ends........Now somewhere there is a photo of me up the the axles in an LDV on Ascension Island after not reading local orders about dodgy sand!! guess being a Chief helped smooth the situation.
:needpics:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
'It's not funny, these guys are Heroes'.

How are they heroes exactly? Am I missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here