Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's nice to be nice

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely that's just filed under "typical football fans ironic chanting" I thought it was funny
Fair dos.
I was clearly on a 'literal' day and misjudged it.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Nice thread. Like to see it. We have mostly got the balance right between being a Premier League team and yet not forgetting where we have been in the not too distant past.

No harm in respecting Grimsby properly.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I stayed for 5 minutes or so at the end to watch the Brighton and Grimsby players clap their fans (plus it’s not quite so busy getting out lol) and the passion and noise from the Grimsby fans right til the end was fantastic- great to see. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Grimsby fans were much better than Palace fans!

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
I stayed for 5 minutes or so at the end to watch the Brighton and Grimsby players clap their fans (plus it’s not quite so busy getting out lol) and the passion and noise from the Grimsby fans right til the end was fantastic- great to see. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Grimsby fans were much better than Palace fans!
Not exactly a high bar there.

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Not exactly a high bar there.
I can’t even remember a “We hate Brighton” chant or the like from Palace fans lol. At least we did a few “stand up if you hate Palace”. I thought they were supposed to have ‘Ultras’. All I could remember hearing was the “we love you, we love you blah blah cos we support the Palace” and that one was popular like 10 years ago!

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Possibly the only time I've ever applauded the away team off, and they really deserved it. Fans and players absolute credits to their club, and it's been lovely seeing so many Grimsby fans praise everything about the game.
Except maybe the refereeing in the first half …… !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I loved that we were so friendly and welcoming to them, not so long ago we were them with different colour stripes. I remember some great days out when we were just as much the underdog as them. We hoped for a win but it was all about the occasion and nothing was going to spoil that.

I did have a smile when they chanted “where were you when you were shit” Lots of us remember when we were and games against them were much more intense.

el punal

Deary me! Really?! That's the whole point of football chants, taking the piss out of the opposition. I don't go to get pally with away fans. This is the attitude of our fans that contributes to why our home atmosphere is so shit at times! Boils my piss.
I hope your piss cools down otherwise you could seriously harm your willy. Aside from that trying being pally as well, you never know you might enjoy life more.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I do speak to away fans when I can, yes, but, for 90mins, they ares the enemy ;)

enemy fans do not necessarily have to be treated poorly. You can put them on "disregard."

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
Grimsby fans on their day out...

"Like to give a big thank you to Brighton and their fans. They have been first class all day. It's a fantastic set up were fans migled freely outside, drinking and having a bite to eat. Football as it should be. It's been a fantastic day despite the result."

"Respect to a large number of Brighton fans who stayed behind for a long time and clapped the town off the pitch 👍"

"Supporters of both clubs pure class!"

"Town fans fantastic
Brighton fans fantastic
Hope they go on and win the Cup"

"Thank you Sid and all Brighton fans. As you rightly said football as it should be. We've had a great time today despite the score. You have fantastic facilities there and you made us feel very welcome. You are all a credit to Brighton."

"Also I have never ever felt so welcome by oppo fans as brighton, stayed behind drinking with them lot and they were great and absolutely full of praise for the efforts of team and fans. Hope they go on and win it."

"First time I’ve been to Lewis for 25 years and forgotten what a smashing little town it is, superb venue for a pre match beer and banter with Brighton fans who were also a credit to their club."

"Everything about today from Brighton was class - even the programme - not just a token one page about the away team - loads of Grimsby content, the stewards and other staff, the cards to make stripes and fish for the away end, the Brighton fans applauding our players. I’m not a fan of the premiership and what it’s done to football, but BHA totally lack the arrogance of that level, indeed the opposite there was a sense of humility about the club and the welcome it gave to us…"

"Really hope bha go on & win the cup now , not bigtime at all spoke to loads of their fans & to a man first class"

"I know most wanted a draw against Man Utd but does anyone think they'd have given us the welcome that Brighton did? I don't think so personally. Brighton have the feel of one of the many friendly little clubs we've come across over the years but on a bigger scale and with Premier league money."

"Nothing but praise for Brighton as a team and a club. Everyone was welcoming and helpful.

Our team gave their all, but we just couldn't live with them on the pitch, which is no shame. Great and well merited applause for them at the end of the game, and the Brighton fans joined in as well to their credit."

"Had a great time down on the south coast fair play to so many of the Brighton fans for staying behind a good 15 mins to applaud our team off at the end, we deserved that after what our team has done this year in the cup.."
Would they be the same cards that you screwed up and threw on the pitch.......strange because you delayed your own player taking a corner ?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here