Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It's nice to be nice

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Struggle to understand the point of view that we should treat away fans like shit. As someone who goes away on a regular basis spending hours of my weekend travelling across the country I’d love a few more welcomes like that. Places like old Trafford and Goodison are f***ing horrible to go to.
Goodison, whilst being a big step up from Selhurst, is a bit dilapidated with zero leg room (not good when you’re 6’4)…..but I found their fans to be friendly and Liverpool an interesting city to visit. Facilities wise it wasn’t great, but the people I came across were nice and I left with a good impression of the place (the 4-1 win helped a bit).

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Goodison, whilst being a big step up from Selhurst, is a bit dilapidated with zero leg room (not good when you’re 6’4)…..but I found their fans to be friendly and Liverpool an interesting city to visit. Facilities wise it wasn’t great, but the people I came across were nice and I left with a good impression of the place (the 4-1 win helped a bit).

You are probably right. I’ve based those experiences on the facilities at the club. It’s a crap day out. In the Premier League I haven’t really come across too many nasty away fans just plenty of fans who are way to big time.

Shame, you would have loved the conga we did with the Norwich City fans at the Disco after the 1-0 defeat.

Okay, maybe not.

It is possible to still support your team loudly and be friendly with away fans start to finish.

Years ago I went for an away match at Plymouth Argyle. In the days when we would all fit into a small corner. An elderly Argyle fan told me how he loved the visits to Hove. Safest place in the country for an away fan he said.

That's nice, isn't it ? I like being bottom of the nasty list.
I was there for the conga, it was great fun, have some cracking video saved somewhere from the East Stand. I'm not saying I want us to be nasty, that has been thrown out of context, what I am saying is I'd like us to have a bit of tribalism rather than laying the red carpet to away fans.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
It was a bit of a love in but given the choice , I'd take our recent Palace atmosphere before and after the game

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It was a bit of a love in but given the choice , I'd take our recent Palace atmosphere before and after the game
Cup games are always a different atmosphere from league games. The Palace game with its travel problems, kettling and incompetent police handling is nobodies idea of enjoyment.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Palace atmosphere always sounds like it should be good, and to be fair it is normally lively. But frankly I can't be arsed with the away game anymore. All that kettling and herded around with morons only there for the trouble. Bit tired of it, tbh.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here