Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's National Falmer Day - Post Your Stories HERE

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not sure I'd call him their best player, but he did alright. They had worse players, certainly.

I haven't heard a crowd target one of their own like that before. I thought the abuse must be for a Reading player at first, but then when they started singing 'get him off' realised it was aimed at one of theirs.

I stress it wasn't the whole crowd, but a pretty substantial section of the Holmesdale end (the Chavs corner next to the away fans).

Further to Early Doors' post, just like to say that we felt Colchester were extremely welcoming and supportive of us and we encountered no objections or obstructions at all during the day.

Most fans were receptive, and the Hartlepool team itself did indeed get "Falmered" :)

We didn't take any pictures unfortunately but twas a good day out though :)

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Can someone please list every game which we know was attended by Brighton fans? I am trying to get the Hull Daily Mail to do another article.

cheers
Richie

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I almost forgot, the other comedy moment of the day was watching RoyalAli somehow crowbar himself out of Lush's Mini at East Croydon station.

We had to fold him in half at least 4 times just to get him in.

Ali: I take it you won't be getting a Mini when you finally pass your test?!

:lolol:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I arrived too late at Crawley to hand out posters.

I did however, spread the word on the open terrace, by the clock.

The Crawley fans by me knew of our plight and were very supportive, especially the Charlton Season Ticket holder I was standing next to, who had "Been There!".

Some of the older fans offered to share the Broadfield stadium with us. Nice gesture but I tactfully pointed out that we needed our own stadium and that there would be a danger of Crawley becoming the second best supported club in their own town.

PS At the next NSC meet I propose that Lush and Edna are given special gallantry awards for their bravery on Saturday. Let's face it, not many blokes would have gone!! :clap:

SeagullSimon

Jul 5, 2003
Kent Uni; Bexhill
well done all :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
edna krabappel said:
I almost forgot, the other comedy moment of the day was watching RoyalAli somehow crowbar himself out of Lush's Mini at East Croydon station.

We had to fold him in half at least 4 times just to get him in.

Ali: I take it you won't be getting a Mini when you finally pass your test?!

He's taller than he looks, isn't he?

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Pix from Berwick v Hamilton NFD!
First is of my son Ben and I after arriving with our leaflets at the main gate

Attachments

• br00003.jpg
    br00003.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 514

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
And enjoying the game (it was a crap match really!) from real terraces!!!

Attachments

• br00006.jpg
    br00006.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 502

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Yes there was really a game going on ... the first side to string two passes together wins .... oops there goes another one

Attachments

• br00014.jpg
    br00014.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 493

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
A memory of the occasion .. Ben with a National Falmer Day Poster at the ground ... I swear he's not gay!!!

Attachments

• br00016.jpg
    br00016.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 481

Wetherby Seagulls

Mar 2, 2004
My Wife and I went to Notts County v Plymouth. A very enjoyable day out. The majority of Supporters were first class and very clued up. Just one nutter who was a Plymouth Fan who lived in Eastbourne. He gave me a right ear bashing and I thought he was gonna whack me. Not funny when you are on your own. But he was the only one out of hundreds I met that day. What was really pleasing was that youngsters as well as the older fan were so passionate about all clubs surviving.

A big thankyou to David Hindley at Notts County for his help.

I will be writing to both clubs telling them that their fans are a credit.

I'm going around my office today and then around my local area in Wetherby tonight

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
On the Left Wing said:
A memory of the occasion .. Ben with a National Falmer Day Poster at the ground ... I swear he's not gay!!!

Ooooo. The NSC picture! Why print that off then!
:lol:

Well done :clap:

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Turkey said:
Ooooo. The NSC picture! Why print that off then!
:lol:

Well done :clap:

It was a good image and got loads of people asking about what National Falmer Day was!
There was nowt else to choose from other than the Listen to The People Prescott pages

kevinsmith

Jan 25, 2004
Portslade
There may be a small bit with the Paul Samrah interview outside Crawley on BBC 1 at 6.30 p.m. tonight(Mon). I am told it was shown on Sat evening but as working was unable to see it.

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
Went to Fulham Ladies v Charlton Ladies. A surprisingly small crowd of about 250, half of whom were away fans. (There were 2,000 at the reverse fixture - I guess Fulham just aren't heavily supported at any level.) Most people I leafletted said they'd already sent a letter to Prescott and/or signed the online petition. The match was at Fulham's training ground and supporters had the use of facilities the men's first team use during the week, so I put posters up in the player's canteen and dressing room corridor. Hopefully Malbranque and co are writing to Prescott right this minute!

It was really eye-opening to see how regimented player's lives must be. There were "DO this" and "DON'T DO that" signs up everywhere. My favourite was a huge one up by the canteen serving hatch warning of the dangers of cheese. ("Cheese is very high in fat and canteen staff have been instructed to control player's intake of it. Cheese will only be available to players on rare occasions, and then only for use as a garnish.") Strangely there was no similar notice in relation to the bottles of Carlsberg Export in the fridge!

As for the game, Charlton won 2-1, the first time Fulham Ladies have lost at home in five years. (They seemed a bit upset.)

Last edited:

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I must say Crawley did a nice full page spread in their programme on sat, and also had flyers inserted into the programme.

The game wasn`t all that at all, and i think i ended up in the wrong place as i stood on the terraces behind the goal in the crawley end, with brighton stuff on.... and i could feel this force field of hatred around us!! not the most comfortable of games!!!!!!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here