Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Done. 3 - 1.

Poor Scotland

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
First time I've watched Murray and been frustrated with him. Novak was there for the taking
I hope for your sake, you're not implying Murray choked. :lol:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Murray doesn't choke. He merely expereriences inexplicable losses of form in high pressure situations.

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
Murray has been in 10 Slam finals and only met 2 players, Federer and Djokovic! He has done well to win 2 of them imo.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In any other era he would have 7/8 slams.

Never a truer word and where I do have a lot of sympathy for Murray where, in effect, he has been one of four top players in the same era.

Maybe as Fed and Nadal are slowly fading his time will come.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Murray doesn't choke. He merely expereriences inexplicable losses of form in high pressure situations.

The two Grand slams that he won were when Lendl was his coach. I think it's psychological strength he needs rather than physical strength or form. He tends to dwell on dropped points and finds it hard to pick himself up again straightaway, whereas Novak can put errors behind him and switch off immediately, to get on with the task in hand.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
The two Grand slams that he won were when Lendl was his coach. I think it's psychological strength he needs rather than physical strength or form. He tends to dwell on dropped points and finds it hard to pick himself up again straightaway, whereas Novak can put errors behind him and switch off immediately, to get on with the task in hand.

This for me. Saying that, if he'd been in that Hewitt era between Federer and Sampras, we'd probably be talking about a guy with 10+ grand slams. He's been unlucky, but he's also been a barrier to his own success with how he's dealt with coaches.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think the top three should go straight up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here