Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] "It's like Graham Potter football with five added espresso shots!"

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
So you have said, three times now....to no reaction.

If we lose/draw against Brentford and Forest then, yes, someone will likely agree that everything is, indeed, exactly the same :wink:

I'm pretty sure every time we've had a good game over the last 3years people have commented on how much faster we've played and the quality of chances we've created. It's almost as though winning (or in this case drawing with style) tends to involve playing well.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I was disappointed by the substitutions. They seemed to be logical and understandable, instead of 'what's he doing now??'

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
"It's like Graham Potter football with five added espresso shots!"

The 3rd goal was pure De Zerbismo.

[tweet]1576253383253454848[/tweet]

Great shout.

From all the reading and YouTube vids I’ve watched on De Zerbi, that is an archetypal De Zerbismo goal.

The triangles in defence. The slow moving up field. And then Liverpool spring the trap and Webster changes the pace of the attack brilliantly. He absolutely hammers the ball to Welbeck who does well to control and offload to March.

There are dozens of De Zerbismo goals on YouTube that look just like that for those that want to still credit Potter with that particular equaliser.

If he can do that in a few weeks, just imagine what he’ll be able to do over the World Cup or the next pre-season.

Edit:

I urge everyone to watch March’s movement in this clip. He is part of the first defensive triangle playing slow passes but leaves and then slowly sneaks off up the wing because he knows what’s coming. No wonder De Zerbi rates him so highly.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

There was an old amstrad computer game my family had when I was younger. It was a mixture of trivia, football management and football playing - I can't remember specifically where it fit - but there used to be sections where you're try to score goals. Essentially you just had to run to where the ball would be. I think there was a mobile app several years ago that had a similar game play section. This goal reminds me of them. And I think playing that at a young age means I enjoy goals like that far more than a powered thunderstrike from outside the area. I'd put that goal above McAllister's disallowed goal v Leicester.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
A little bit odd that things we've seen for years are now considered new. It is nice football though, the way it should be played.

There is nothing new in football, its just where you place the emphasis.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I was at Anfield yesterday and I’m still buzzing now ! What did stand out for me was that Solly March looked a totally different player - really confident and his lay off for Trossard’s 2nd goal (I think !) was sublime 👏🏼

De Zerbi was giving him a public benediction earlier in the week, it minded me of Poyet doing something similar with El-Abd "He is our best defender, no?" The training video released by the club showed him focusing some attention on Solly too. Aside from recognising the disciplined performances he would have seen from Solly when reviewing our games, I think he may have noticed that Solly is a player with all the ability but sometimes lacking enough belief in himself to be as good as he could be. Potter had already got greater consistency at a very good level from Solly, but I am quite excited about the possibility of Solly really showing what he can do week in and week out.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire

This is why Webster’s career ascent won’t stop at Brighton.
Not many hulking centre backs can do that.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
One discernible change.

Man to man marking when defending corners. Maybe zonal marking is out, maybe man to man was easier to institute in the timeframe he had.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Put Dunk man to man on Webster, and Veltman on Dunk. Webster can mark the zone around the front post.

Let's see us get past that.

Alternatively ask Sanchez to actually connect with a ball he comes for, it’s not rocket science :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Exactly, have you been drinking, that was a positive post from you :wink:
I’m over the moon now that the bore Potter has gone. To be fair he did alright towards the end yet in general the home form was woeful a couple of home wins a year wasn’t really doing much for the mojo.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
Anyone got links to the third goal that shows the build up play? Of course none of the above are working anymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here