Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's iOS 8 day

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
No, no they don't.

The upgrade file, as delivered, is c1-1.5gb (varies by device), but the install process needs space to work in which is why c6gb is required. That won't be required by the OS once installed.

You could have the 1tb iCloud package but it would make no difference to this - your would still need c6gb free on the device itself to get through the install process.

yup that's why i deleted my post. It's bloody anal though having to delete apps.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
yup that's why i deleted my post. It's bloody anal though having to delete apps.

6.9gb to put an OS on that takes what 1.6 is a pain in the ass....I've about 1.5gb free if I get shot of Iplayer I can double that but blowed if I can be bothered to delete another 10 apps to get the update

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
6.9gb to put an OS on that takes what 1.6 is a pain in the ass....I've about 1.5gb free if I get shot of Iplayer I can double that but blowed if I can be bothered to delete another 10 apps to get the update

It does seem very excessive.

The 16gb devices only have c13gb or so available to the user I believe so it will require some shuffling for most.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
In a queue waiting

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Looks like it, mine is saying I can upgrade. Think I'll hang on a while and see if there are any reports to come.

It's 859mb space needed for the update, I am trying to update it at the moment and it's taking a long time. You have to request an update, it installed the first time and didn't work and reverted back to the previous iOS. So still trying but will let you know.

TotallyFreaked

Jul 2, 2011
I think on older devices such as iPhone 4s and early iPads it worth seeing what people feedback before updating to make sure it does not slow down your device although I guess you can downgrade again but just a lot of hassle

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Worked a treat earlier on this evening on my iPhone and the iPad via iTunes.
Roll on Yosemite.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here