Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's Halloween, so what's your favourite horror movie?

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Oh. I should add that I am off to see, tonight:

This Halloween, John Carpenter will perform – live and in person – a musical retrospective of his horror soundtrack work, his debut studio album Lost Themes, plus brand new compositions.

I mentioned this to a chap at work, and he said "Who's that?", before remembering him and saying "He's that guy that directed Vampires. Rubbish."
Yes, that is the film he is most famed for.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Not sure if this is classed as a horror, but what was the one where the women was inside her house and she phoned the police, only for them to ring back and say they have traced the call and he is in your house , jeeeeeez, got it:

When a stranger calls, probably a thriller but for me at the time ....................

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Not sure if this is classed as a horror, but what was the one where the women was inside her house and she phoned the police, only for them to ring back and say they have traced the call and he is in your house , jeeeeeez, got it:

When a stranger calls, probably a thriller but for me at the time ....................

Black Christmas?

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Can anyone recommend a genuinely scary horror film? Haven't seen a film that actually made me jump since I watched the Japanese version of the Ring ages ago...

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Can anyone recommend a genuinely scary horror film? Haven't seen a film that actually made me jump since I watched the Japanese version of the Ring ages ago...

There aren't any. I found the Jap Ring very dull.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually liked the much maligned remake of Carpenter's The Fog.

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
There aren't any. I found the Jap Ring very dull.

I think I'm the only person on the planet who actually liked the much maligned remake of Carpenter's The Fog.

Have never bothered watching the remake due to the AWFUL reviews. One 'horror' film I have seen recently and enjoyed, and actually found a bit creepy was The Orphanage, had never got round to watching it but it lived up to the hype.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Lust for a Vampire. Purely because of Yutte Stensgaard.
:drool:
image.jpeg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Another vote for The Omen series but without Omen IV ( that one was utter tosh ).

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
The Orphanage ( not to be mistaken with The Orphan) is pretty good but not truly horror and there are subtitles to read.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here