It's great watching work in progress.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It'll be shared. It would be like Peter Taylor taking up Micky's team, credit due to both.

But lets get there first, promising signs so far

If memory serves Peter Taylor joined mid-season and changed very little. Slight improvement in style & Junior Lewis. That comparison would be unfair on Oscar who has several new players and is substantially altering the way we play, attempting to make it more effective. He's already shown that he's more open-minded about the 'system' and looks like he will try to gear it to the players rather than take Poyet's approach of 'if they can't play my tactics, I'll buy better players'. Gus transformed the club - would never say otherwise - but if Oscar gets promotion, I think he'd have succeeded where Poyet's rigid approach ultimately failed and would deserve full credit.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I think I might be changing my signature at the end of the season as THE PRINCE OF FLAIR will be crowned KING

Can't believe people doubhted him a few weeks ago

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The football under Poyet was fantastic, let's not do this stupid thing of looking back and thinking it was awful. It wasn't.

RESPECT the man who made the change. Oscar only has half a job because Gus did the hardest part.
Oscar has been very fortune that he's inherited a very good side, that has neither become too old or being disbanded.

But that's not the point of this thread.

I think we are really lucky to be able to watch the team take what they were and slowly change into something different.
Its not bring done in preseason, or with a whole new team, its not completely different to what we are used to, but its different enough to need a load of work.
We should be well set for the challenges of Reading and QPR.
I'm sure we will be talking about Oscar improving the team through the rest of the year, as it edges into top gear.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
No Orlandi,Cms,Bridcutt,Barnes or Andrews but still won comfortably and people thought our squad lacked depth (still need another striker though)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I'm loving Garcia's class. Loved Poyet for what he did for the club and with hindsight we needed that South American attitude of whatever gets a win is OK. I was frustrated at times at some of our gamesmanship, comments about other teams, managers and officials. Other clubs fans hated us for it and whilst this didn't really bother me I am really proud of Garcia's way. Awfull decisions against us in three games and no toys thrown. Treated Edinbugh's rant with absolute class. No whinging about injuries or lack of players, just support and belief in those players we have to step in.

Fantastic appointment and really excited for the season ahead

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports