Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's going to be Hughton isn't it...

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I just remember his brother Henry's horrific challenge on Gerry Ryan - career ending and crippling.... Guess I need to get over it, but I can't.......!!

Me too - but should this be held against his brother?

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
If that were the case, I'd rather Tony grovelled his way back to Oscar, or Upson. (depending what you believe)
At least he knew what he was doing and who knows might have livened it up with his squad.

I do miss both but I think Bloom's comments when Oscar left indicated that they really didn't see eye-to-eye.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
A round-up of some of the names in the frame.

http://www.northstandchat.com/content.php?391-Tony-Bloom-expected-to-revert-to-Plan-B

(And Hughton a worthy favourite right now)

Good article that :thumbsup:

I'm interested as to why you made no mention of Uwe Rosler though. Do you know something we don't?

Granted, he's probably no more than a very long shot, and he wouldn't be a 'plan b' as such, more of a continued 'plan a' gamble, but I thought he'd be a name chucked in there just to add a bit more flavour and give us another angle to think about - what with the very different current fortunes of Brentford and Wigan.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Not convinced, nice chap but not sure he has what it takes to get us playing well AND push on to be a promotion contender.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Almost any manager who can organise a disciplined side will get us out of trouble. Our squad is good enough to be top half with some organisation and consistency in selection.

Not many will be a risk, I'd like to see someone appointed with long term plans who will build the club behind the scenes at a sensible rate. Play some youngsters and identify some strong cheap targets to stabilise the side

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
For all those wanting Hughton why? Because everyone else sacks him.

He has been sacked twice in his managerial career. He resigned at Birmingham to go to Norwich. If you are discounting managers who have ever been sacked in their career, you wouldn't be left with many options outside of managerial rookies, who are not ideal in a relegation battle. Sir Alex Ferguson once got the sack from St Mirren, but that didn't perturb Aberdeen or Manchester United from taking him on.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Not convinced, nice chap but not sure he has what it takes to get us playing well AND push on to be a promotion contender.

Why? He achieved both of those things with Newcastle when managing them in this division a few years ago and immediately after they had suffered a hugely demoralising relegation.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Almost any manager who can organise a disciplined side will get us out of trouble. Our squad is good enough to be top half with some organisation and consistency in selection.

Not many will be a risk, I'd like to see someone appointed with long term plans who will build the club behind the scenes at a sensible rate. Play some youngsters and identify some strong cheap targets to stabilise the side

Oh no, not this old chestnut again :facepalm: Wake up!

Why else do you think we have all these loan players in whilst loaning out our own signings? The squad is weak and is exactly where the quality of it deserves to be. Granted the manager was no good either, but even a top class manager performing at the top of his game isn't getting beyond mid table with this bunch of players. Major changes needed in January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here