Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's G-Day!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

This has to be a joke. Going from relegation zone of League One to near top of Championship playing at times glorious football vs an average League One side who spent loads and didn't perform? Amazing.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
He turned a good reputation in to a bad one, he got to big for his boots and wanted to get the club to bank roll his ego at the expense of fair play. The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

:lolol: speechless.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
He turned a good reputation in to a bad one, he got to big for his boots and wanted to get the club to bank roll his ego at the expense of fair play. The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

Wind up, surely? Although you do come across as the sort of utter **** who would like Karl Robinson.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
shabba;5776964[B said:
]He turned a good reputation in to a bad one, he got to big for his boots and wanted to get the club to bank roll his ego at the expense of fair play. The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

You were doing well until after this bit!

Last edited:

HH Brighton

Jul 25, 2003

Great example of some of the clueless supporters we have.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
To what end though, from his perspective? If we sack him he will be entitled to a pay off as per his contract, fair enough.

What good would appealing it do? They can't force us to re-employ him shirley, and even if they can why would he want to work for a club that has made clear it doesn't want him, as they would by sacking him?

I get that he could appeal if sacked, I just don't understand why he would.

So assuming we are going through the normal process, if you are sacked, you can appeal this descion, i have been through this process with a friend i used to work with, the employeer produced there evidence took witness statements from employees etc etc had a hearing and he was fired, he was then given 14 days to appeal against the companies decsion, which he did and provided extra evidence of his own which basically meant the company had to re-employ him or he would have had a case for un fair dismissal.

now in the case of Gus if we sack him, i dont think he will want his job back, but he will not want to go without any money, so unless we agree terms to both go our own ways i can see him appealling the clubs decsion to sack him if thats the case. which i believe he will have the right to do, if we do sack him.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!

Are you, in fact, Karl Robinson!?

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
2 things.

1. It's a shame that you'd have 'champagne on ice', even said in jest. I don't think any brighton fan should be revelling in this debacle. Whether you're a fan of his or not, him possibly leaving is sad because all it does is conclude a very unsavoury public embarrassment for ALL parties involved. What it could very likely do is cause a huge amount of instability and need for rebuilding, that could derail the next season or longer. Even the most anti-Poyet fan would surely rather we parted on amicable and professional terms.

2. I do however agree poyet almost certainly didn't write that email. It was filled with tabloid puns about poogate, "this stinks" etc etc. A bit too convenient that 'a source' released it too, given how airtight the club has been for information the past year or so.

1. THat is a major major :flounce: NOthing has/will be derailed. Pre-season hasn't even started yet, clam down dear!! :lol: I also do not see anything for the club to be embarrassed about, other than the actions of one of their employees, i.e. Poyet

2. My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
from someone on twitter
Possible statement from club at around 5PM, so someone has said - would fit as all others have been around that time #BHAFC

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

:fishing:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
from someone on twitter
Possible statement from club at around 5PM, so someone has said - would fit as all others have been around that time #BHAFC

I'll be fast asleep by then as it will be midnight here and I'll be up at 6am.
Should be at work at 7am so will check filled with anticipation!

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
1. THat is a major major :flounce: NOthing has/will be derailed. Pre-season hasn't even started yet, clam down dear!! :lol: I also do not see anything for the club to be embarrassed about, other than the actions of one of their employees, i.e. Poyet

2. My thoughts exactly :thumbsup:

Its not a flounce at all, its an observation. We currently have a bare bones squad and no real clue when the decision on poyet will be made. Players could be reporting back with no manager. Sure the coaching staff will step in, but who's to say the new manager won't then change things and/or bring in his own staff/players? Suddenly we're in october and struggling got cohesion down the bottom of the league. Poor form = the fickle lot of our fans get vocal about the new man not being up to the job. Pressure on him and negativity from the crowd is reflected in the players' performances, vicious circle.

I'm not saying that WILL happen but it's not exactly implausible given how long these things drag on for. And I'd argue that although I'll support the club whoever the manager is, bhafc haven't exactly come out of this looking squeaky clean. There is fault on both sides, undeniably. All that remains to be proven is how much. I think you're choosing to ignore the club's mistakes by looking on them through anti-Poyet tinted specs.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Someone's smuggled a camera in...Barber seems up for it...

hqdefault.jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Right, I'm going for a shit. I'm going to leave my phone on my desk and hope that by that time I get back there will have been a press release and it'll all be sorted.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Right, I'm going for a shit. I'm going to leave my phone on my desk and hope that by that time I get back there will have been a press release and it'll all be sorted.

Yeah, cos we saw how well issuing press releases worked last time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here