Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's G-Day!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I thought the cognoscenti on here were saying the reason we have gone down this route is to avoid paying any compensationsation.

I wonder if legal expenses can be hidden from ftp calculations? So we know we may have to pay x out of our playing and staff budget and so if we get any reduction then its money well spent and reduces that impact on next season

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
:thumbsup:
Personally I'm prepared to have a go at Gus if it turns he has done something detrimental to the club but I'll wait and see first I think.

Email to the world about the dressing room incident the morning after the semi's?

Any complaint should have been made to his employers not to the club's staff. It found it's way into the public domain very quickly because of this.

I won't list the other things that the club wouldn't have been happy about, I haven't got the time to write a 500 page argument as this one thing was bang out of order.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Email to the world about the dressing room incident the morning after the semi's?

Any complaint should have been made to his employers not to the club's staff. It found it's way into the public domain very quickly because of this.

I won't list the other things that the club wouldn't have been happy about, I haven't got the time to write a 500 page argument as this one thing was bang out of order.

We are into the realms of speculation, but it could be argued that if Gus often emailed all staff about issue and had done for three years without any comment then why was this any difference. or perhaps if another senior member of the club did the same thing then perhaps it is seen as common place. Theroretically this would make the Gus email a lot less controversial.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC

Of course what none of us know, is what was in the mail, that Gus was responding to.

If what I have heard is true, I'm not surprised that the club chose not to include this as one of the breaches in question.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Email to the world about the dressing room incident the morning after the semi's?.
I am as anti-Poyet as they come and have the champagne on ice awaiting good news, but with regards that email, I have very strong doubts that Poyet wrote that. It just doesn't sound right to me. Almost a prank by someone. If in fact Poyet did write and send that email, then he is a bigger prick then I presently give him credit for.

HenryC

Mar 27, 2010
South West!
I would not be suprised if we sacked him today but Gus dragged it out for a further couple of weeks.

How does that work!

Club: "Gus, you're sacked!"

Gus: "No I'm not"

Club:"Oh yes you are"

Gus: " No I'm not, I'm going to drag this out for 2 weeks"

If he's sacked then he's sacked... He can appeal but he's still sacked...

shabba

Dec 22, 2004
Bookham
Goodbye and good riddance Gus!

He turned a good reputation in to a bad one, he got to big for his boots and wanted to get the club to bank roll his ego at the expense of fair play. The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I am as anti-Poyet as they come and have the champagne on ice awaiting good news, but with regards that email, I have very strong doubts that Poyet wrote that. It just doesn't sound right to me. Almost a prank by someone. If in fact Poyet did write and send that email, then he is a bigger prick then I presently give him credit for.

2 things.

1. It's a shame that you'd have 'champagne on ice', even said in jest. I don't think any brighton fan should be revelling in this debacle. Whether you're a fan of his or not, him possibly leaving is sad because all it does is conclude a very unsavoury public embarrassment for ALL parties involved. What it could very likely do is cause a huge amount of instability and need for rebuilding, that could derail the next season or longer. Even the most anti-Poyet fan would surely rather we parted on amicable and professional terms.

2. I do however agree poyet almost certainly didn't write that email. It was filled with tabloid puns about poogate, "this stinks" etc etc. A bit too convenient that 'a source' released it too, given how airtight the club has been for information the past year or so.

JCL - the new kid in town

Aug 23, 2011
I thought the cognoscenti on here were saying the reason we have gone down this route is to avoid paying any compensationsation.

I wonder if legal expenses can be hidden from ftp calculations? So we know we may have to pay x out of our playing and staff budget and so if we get any reduction then its money well spent and reduces that impact on next season

i did wonder whether legal expenses might be excluded due to a loophole or soemthing as they can unpredictable in their size and not something you would have much control over

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now

Well Charlie certainly didn't write it!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
He turned a good reputation in to a bad one, he got to big for his boots and wanted to get the club to bank roll his ego at the expense of fair play. The football was not as good as the hype, boring passing across the back and to slowly. I am glad to see the back of him, bring on Karl Robinson, proper attacking football.

Good idea, seeing how well his brand of football is working for L1 MK Dons. :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here