vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Double post.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Just a feeling no more, but i dont think gus and his team will show, citing prejudgement, unhappy with make up of panel etc. Club will sack and gus will sue, but being media savvy we will hear from him bout it being unfair, i was about to sign messi on quid a week and club said no etc. Heaps pressure on the club since we know how many out there take his word as fact. Will we then settle prior to court case.

Sounds plausible. I suspect that we've come too far to be guaranteed a quick, clean end to all this. The mopping up may well take some time, though I guess we're now very close to the point where Gus ceases to be an employee.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought that too, but couldn't remember if it was in the Argus or just posted on here.

It was in the argus, and covered on here, where I highlighted it was "the argus understands" so might not be true, only to be told it was journalistic code for "someone at the club has told us"

http://www.northstandchat.com/showt...t-the-Albion&p=5766796&viewfull=1#post5766796

I replied a little further on explaining how with this case, so many different things are leaking out, with different 'high level, inscrutable sources' saying contradictory things, that just having someone at the club telling you doesn't make it true.

Edit: and this should really be a sign to everyone on here who have high placed sources, that they (the sources) might not actually know the real, whole truth.

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
The thing I find most remarkable about all this is how successful the club have been in their obvious strategy to turn the fans against Gus, regardless of whatever the facts of the matter may be.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
The thing I find most remarkable about all this is how successful the club have been in their obvious strategy to turn the fans against Gus, regardless of whatever the facts of the matter may be.

I was Gus all the way but then I heard his post match comments after the palace match. To be fair, it was his reaction that turned the fans in my opinion.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think the fans have turned against gus in any great number. I think the majority who haven't turned yet are waiting to see what happens before jumping on him, but there is a vocal minority who are making the most noise at the moment, with many of them (thou not all) having been itching to have a reason to criticise him for a while.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was Gus all the way but then I heard his post match comments after the palace match. To be fair, it was his reaction that turned the fans in my opinion.

Same here. I was already traumatised by the outcome of that match (mainly the 2nd half) but that interview was the sh*t icing on a very cr@ppy cake.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

I don't think there's been an obvious strategy to turn fans one way or the other. The board must have felt extremely strongly about Poyet to embark on this course. They knew the risks, and knew the high regard in which the manager has been held by supporters. They knew the size of the potential pay-off.

This isn't about some mere clash of personalities. At least, I don't believe so. It must run much deeper.

The club has been remarkably leak-proof for the past month and I don't get any sense that journalists have had secret briefings.

The fans could see for themselves that something was badly wrong within minutes of the second Palace game. It didn't need any extra push from Barber, Bloom, or the club's publicity team. Quite how big that problem is, maybe most of us will never know.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Anyone else think "Little Chef"?

I think you'll find it's here;

5372946824_97f15c88ec_z.jpg

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I don't think the fans have turned against gus in any great number. I think the majority who haven't turned yet are waiting to see what happens before jumping on him, but there is a vocal minority who are making the most noise at the moment, with many of them (thou not all) having been itching to have a reason to criticise him for a while.

Absolutely this. The ones who moaned while we played superb football are LOVING it at the moment.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park

The silent majority are invariably silent and the vocal minority are definitely VOCAL. I've always found in customer facing situations that whatever the outcome the silent majority stay quiet and the vocal minority get even louder.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Lets be honest neither side looks great in this whatever the outcome and there are tough times ahead for both. Imagine how it will play out if we start badly which we could after this. Pro gus will be saying it would not have happened under him and the others will be blaiming him for causing this problem in the first place and delaying all close season. I do feel for the new manager he will be arriving at a difficult time with opinions divided and it will be him who gets my support whatever the fallout from today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here