Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's exactly 23 years since BRYAN WADE day

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think this was the game that saw the Newcastle manager, cant remember who it was, fired, and Keegan got the gig, and the rest, as they say, is history

Jim Smith was manager then: he resigned in March about two months after that game. He was succeeded by Ossie Ardiles. Keegan didn't become manager until a year later

Rabeen

Jul 11, 2003
Worthing
Jim Smith was manager then: he resigned in March about two months after that game. He was succeeded by Ossie Ardiles. Keegan didn't become manager until a year later

And we beat them 1-0 at St. James' Park just before they were promoted back to the top flight.

I watched the Wade game from the SW corner, great night, one of my favourites.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
You laugh now but before you know it you'll be reminiscing about how it was 25 years ago that Buckley got the winner against Doncaster! It goes by in a flash - be warned!

And how I missed the game because I was on holiday :nono:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was in the North Stand for that game, it went mental. Cracking game, brilliant performance by Wade.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Crickey, where did those years go. Remember it well. I had a ticket through work in the very posh West stand. Sat next to my boss. Free sandwiches at half time. Shame Wade never went on to hit the heights we thought he would. I remember a 16 year old Steve Watson in the side for Newcastle.

I miss the Goldstone.

P.s, did anyone ever take their Farah Slacks to Bollom to be dry cleaned?

Withdean and I

Aug 6, 2003
I too was in the North stand that crazy night. I too remember telling everyone who wasn't there that I had just witnessed the 'new peter ward'. Happy days! I wonder what he's up to now?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here