Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"It's beyond beauty or ugliness" - Chelsea's new Stadium

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
[tweet]638484955643944960[/tweet]

Bit underwhelmed to be honest. If I had Abramovic's cash I'd buy a litre of LSD and take Frank Gehry out for an evening.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
s-l1000.jpg

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Good luck to Chelsea, says I. The more radical architecture the better IMHO, especially in something so potentially dreary as a football stadium. Then again, I'm still bitter about B&H council muppets turning down the chance of a Frank Gehry landmark development on the seafront. Sake!

Josh Arghiros and his company Karis were given planning permission for the 450+ flats on the King Alfred site with Gehry (McDonalds of Architecture) Towers. Bad timing though as the 2008 downturn led to his financial backers ING Real Estate going bankrupt and Karis could not find alternative financiers.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Josh Arghiros and his company Karis were given planning permission for the 450+ flats on the King Alfred site with Gehry (McDonalds of Architecture) Towers. Bad timing though as the 2008 downturn led to his financial backers ING Real Estate going bankrupt and Karis could not find alternative financiers.

Slight correction, the Tory council refused to give a funding extension and killed the plans dead.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Slight correction, the Tory council refused to give a funding extension and killed the plans dead.

That was the only time in my life I voted for a Tory Councillor, so should have remembered. My school maths teacher and House Master, Les Hamilton, had got the planning through with his deciding vote and let me down. The two Gehry Towers were not a problem on my door step but the high density 450 flats without balconies was not too attractive to say the least.
No hard feelings for Les a great man and Councillor and what finally goes there is likely to be worse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here