Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It’s amazing how well results have gone our way

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Spot on. I certainly don’t feel like that this season. Goal difference tells a lot too. There’s no way we have been one of the 3 worse teams this season. At the start of the season our football at times was top 10 stuff. The only time that cliche has come close was last season due to Cardiff being shit etc...

Brighton do not deserve to go down - and won't - 30 points could be enough to survive this season.

Things went well at the start of the season - but two things happened - 1. inconsistency (both by players and manager) - 2. most coaches figured out Potter's approach and he hasn't been particularly good at adjusting.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just realised that if we do beat Norwich tomorrow, that is effectively one relegation spot out of the way for us, as without an enormous gd swing, they won't be able to catch us :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Genuine question.... whatever made you predict the outcome so confidently?

First rule of NSC / social media. Never make factual bold look at me predictions as they can easily make you look a **** :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So Villa and Bournemouth (assuming our GD doesn’t take a pounding) need 4 results from their 6 games and we need to lose our 5. This weekend they have Man Utd and Liverpool. Lose them and we’re all but safe eh...

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Now we need United to absolutely tonk plucky boys to evaporate any confidence they had in winning 3 more game until the end of the season.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Now we need United to absolutely tonk plucky boys to evaporate any confidence they had in winning 3 more game until the end of the season.

Thank **** for Mason Greenwood.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Just as I predicted the Coronavirus would be a pandemic and was shot to flames.

Glad I was wrong on this occasion and happy to take criticism this time.

Point is, predictions are fine. But it’s all in the way it’s written. If it’s bold, almost factual it looks a bit risky and daft. Just my opinion mucker.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Happy Sir?

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
So Villa and Bournemouth (assuming our GD doesn’t take a pounding) need 4 results from their 6 games and we need to lose our 5. This weekend they have Man Utd and Liverpool. Lose them and we’re all but safe eh...

Looking at their fixtures, it is hard to see where either will get those 10 points:

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Looking at their fixtures, it is hard to see where either will get those 10 points:

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

Be nice if villa v West Ham has something on it for both teams! Yep - Man City will surely beat Bmuff at home so they’d need to win 3 and draw one including Leicester, spurs and Everton - no way.

I believe villa will lose the next 2 which will mean having to get a win and a draw v Arsenal and Everton. Slightly more chance than Bmuff but for me after Liverpool hopefully win tomo we’re there.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

BOURNEMOUTH
Spurs (h)
Leicester (h)
Manchester City (a)
Southampton (h)
Everton (a)

ASTON VILLA
Liverpool (a)
Manchester United (h)
Palace (h)
Everton (a)
Arsenal (h)
West Ham (a)

Also if we get 1 more point it would mean 3 wins and 2 draws or better in their last 5... we’re safe for me.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Also if we get 1 more point it would mean 3 wins and 2 draws or better in their last 5... we’re safe for me.

Pressure is off, to a degree, I now expect us to pick up some unexpected points in our last five, maybe not in the next two, but you never know!

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Be nice if villa v West Ham has something on it for both teams! Yep - Man City will surely beat Bmuff at home so they’d need to win 3 and draw one including Leicester, spurs and Everton - no way.

I believe villa will lose the next 2 which will mean having to get a win and a draw v Arsenal and Everton. Slightly more chance than Bmuff but for me after Liverpool hopefully win tomo we’re there.

Southampton and Palace have much better records away from home too

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Pressure is off, to a degree, I now expect us to pick up some unexpected points in our last five, maybe not in the next two, but you never know!

Yep - although Toon and saints have also looked good on restart and Burnley ball has earned them 2 wins too... so glad we’ve as good as done it today :thumbsup:

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Just as I predicted the Coronavirus would be a pandemic and was shot to flames.

Glad I was wrong on this occasion and happy to take criticism this time.

I'm not criticising..... honestly.
I just don't understand a mindset that feels a necessity to make confident predictions with apparently no supporting evidence.
If you are proved correct, what advantage is that to you?
If you are proved incorrect, you seem a bit presumptuous...

Why do it at all?

Solid at the back

Sep 1, 2010
Glorious Shoreham by Sea
I'm not criticising..... honestly.
I just don't understand a mindset that feels a necessity to make confident predictions with apparently no supporting evidence.
If you are proved correct, what advantage is that to you?
If you are proved incorrect, you seem a bit presumptuous...

Why do it at all?

Have you not heard of the insurance bet before?
If your team wins, amazing and meh you've only lost a fiver. If they lose, shit they lost, but atleast you've won some money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here