Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's all over now , no play offs this season

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well that's it for another Season, Forest have won at Hull Now 4 points behind, the closet team to catch now Leicester who can go 6 points clear of us in a few hours time
We have no form & no strikers so enjoy the rest of the season and forget about the play offs for this season

Lynch him!!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
The bouncers are out in force tonight.

Dec 29, 2011
Give this shallow and completely missing the point and not having the relevent fact at your finger tips thread that you recently started a read then:

How long until we can vote the Greens OUT?

Which basically proves you can't find any posts. You've linked to a thread that has nothing to do with Poyet, Barnes or even football, but even so the thread you've linked to asks valid questions about the city I live in. Best give up now if that's the best you can find.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Funnily enough I was about to start the exact same thread. Bottled it for the second season in a row, we'll lose to Palace on Sunday and it's over. We are too inconsistent to make a real challenge for the playoffs this season, Gus has one season left in my opinion.
Hardly. I was going on the facts, and up until that point in the season we had been stuttering along. I'm a realist, I make judgements on what stats I have in front of me. The team wasn't performing consistently, and a loss to Palace would have made it an almost impossible task to qualify for the PO's due to confidence. I think my comments were justified.
No you weren't going on the facts, you weren't being realistic, and no your comments weren't justified. We had 9 games to go and were 7th, with a game in hand over 4th, 5th, 6th. We'd already played decent football in the season, we were unlucky not to be higher (we deserved more from many home games like Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds and Bolton) and we'd recently got Ulloa and Upson in, both of whom were looking like helping the cause (ie, giving cause for some optimism).

You said we'd lose against Palace (you didn't say 'if we lose') and you were wrong. You said we couldn't make a real challenge for the playoffs (even though we were 7th with a game in hand), so that was wrong too. And you suggested that Gus only be allowed one more season - and that's just ignorant. We are spending far less than several other teams (our wages won't be in the top 10) and Gus is doing very well with what we have, and if we didn't make the playoffs, he's still be the right man to take us forward.

If you were just feeling a bit pessimistic and felt like a moan, I can understand that, but you're now trying to justify your comments as realistic, which they weren't.

Dec 29, 2011
No you weren't going on the facts, you weren't being realistic, and no your comments weren't justified. We had 9 games to go and were 7th, with a game in hand over 4th, 5th, 6th. We'd already played decent football in the season, we were unlucky not to be higher (we deserved more from many home games like Middlesbrough, Ipswich, Birmingham, Leeds and Bolton) and we'd recently got Ulloa and Upson in, both of whom were looking like helping the cause (ie, giving cause for some optimism).

You said we'd lose against Palace (you didn't say 'if we lose') and you were wrong. You said we couldn't make a real challenge for the playoffs (even though we were 7th with a game in hand), so that was wrong too. And you suggested that Gus only be allowed one more season - and that's just ignorant. We are spending far less than several other teams (our wages won't be in the top 10) and Gus is doing very well with what we have, and if we didn't make the playoffs, he's still be the right man to take us forward.

If you were just feeling a bit pessimistic and felt like a moan, I can understand that, but you're now trying to justify your comments as realistic, which they weren't.

At least you offered more of a counter argument than Diego Napier :lol: I think I may have meant to write, "if we lose against Palace..." because that's more my writing style. I must have just made a mistake as I was caught in the moment (I actually wrote this in another post when responding to [MENTION=12295]TRHK[/MENTION] but it wasn't posted). Take that how you wish, if someone said that to me about their post I wouldn't believe them either.

However, the fact is, if we lost at Palace we'd have been at least three points outside the play-offs with Forest, Bolton and Palace in good form. We hadn't realised the full extent of Leicester's decline and our form was inconsistent at best. If the Championship was a stock market, with each team being a different stock, I would have shorted Brighton until the cows came home because at the time, there was only one direction we were heading.

I'm sorry if people aren't happy I post negative views but as I said, I'm a realist and I was working with what I was given.

Now, if you don't mind I'm celebrating this evening. :clap2:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Which basically proves you can't find any posts. You've linked to a thread that has nothing to do with Poyet, Barnes or even football, but even so the thread you've linked to asks valid questions about the city I live in. Best give up now if that's the best you can find.

"Your posts on a variety of subjects show a remarkable degree of consistency in that they're knee-jerk in nature (i.e. emotional rather than analytical) and if you believe they are calculated then your thinking must be rather shallow."

This is what I originally posted, I obviously didn't limit my remarks just to your emotional football related outbursts, you dunderhead.

You postulation at the start of the "greens out" thread you started was shot to ribbons by a number of posters.

Your reply merely emphasises my point and your limitations.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think I may have meant to write, "if we lose against Palace..." because that's more my writing style. I must have just made a mistake as I was caught in the moment (I actually wrote this in another post when responding to [MENTION=12295]TRHK[/MENTION] but it wasn't posted). Take that how you wish, if someone said that to me about their post I wouldn't believe them either.
I can believe that.

However, the fact is, if we lost at Palace we'd have been at least three points outside the play-offs with Forest, Bolton and Palace in good form.
But that's only if we'd lost, and the chances were we wouldn't lose (check the bookies odds).
I'm sorry if people aren't happy I post negative views but as I said, I'm a realist and I was working with what I was given.
Being negative is one thing, but you weren't being realistic at all, and your view that Gus should only be given one more season was ridiculous. He'd attracted good players, got us playing good football, and we were doing well in the league given the budget we had.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here