Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] It's a good day...

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Well we landed ok, so I guess it was :shrug:
I mean, I'm not too bothered by digging into a minor landing incident over twenty years ago, but that could mean the problem was solved or otherwise disappeared, rather than it was minor.
I just tend to file "minor problem with the landing gear" alongside "cheap brakes" and "door-to-door fish salesman" in the Things I Don't Want To Hear category.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
Of no interest and adding nothing to the thread (as per usual for me) if I could go back in time and have any career, I would be an airline pilot.
The views, the countries. Yes please.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
My mind always boggles when I see a plane that size come into land, seemingly floating onto the runway at relatively low speed.

A bird defies logic in many ways but a golden eagle has a 2 metre plus wing span and only tips the scales at around 6kg.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Well, there's ten minutes of my life (I fast forwarded chunks of it) I won''t get back!
Like watching us playing against teams who’ve parked the bus - mostly boring, flapping around in the final third, midfield pivoting diagonally wing to wing as we try to land a goal but always struggling to finish. Rarely looking dangerous but compelled to keep watching just in case there’s a game changer.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I was on an Easy Jet flight returning from Athens to Luton circa 2001, landing early morning, when the pilot told us there was swirling fog. He tried twice to land, the second time almost touching down before rising again rapidly.
He said, he’d give it one more go, and if he had 100 yards visibility, he would land it, if not, he’d go to Stansted. We really wanted to be at Luton, having booked a National Express coach, back up north.
So, we came around again, finally touching down and braking hard.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
If I was on a plane coming into land and the pilot came on and said we were aborting I'd be a tad nervy
This happened to me flying into Kuala Lumpur once. Literally 50 feet from landing during a severe electrical storm. We had to land at an airfield further north until it was safe to fly back. Everyone shit themselves! Plus, I missed my connecting flight back to blighty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here