Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's a goal - internet footie game

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester
Drew my first game 0-0, quite happy with that away from home an' all. Match report suggests that we just about deserved to take all three points as well.

Team name is Jimmy Saville, there seem to be a few NSC-related sides in League 178 with me, judging by the team names.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Exile Albion - Div 168.

Already beaten Watsongooal's team in a friendly!

Fluke Mate

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Played 4 w1 d2 l1

I need at least another CF as one of mine is down to 74% fitness. :rolleyes:
I'm having to play a midfielder for the next game. I'm still not allowed to buy a player yet so it may be that we're handicapped for the first season?

Kaney

Banned
Feb 11, 2004
Brighton
Drew my second game of the season, 1-1, first goal conceded, but as a wise man always said, "win all your home games and draw all your away games, and you'll be there or there abouts at the end of the season".

P2, W1, L0, D1, F2, A1, Pts4,

My 33 year old forward is on fire, 2 goals in 2 games, can't ask for more than that from the veteran.

Anyone worked out how to make substitutions during the matches?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Kaney said:
Drew my second game of the season, 1-1, first goal conceded, but as a wise man always said, "win all your home games and draw all your away games, and you'll be there or there abouts at the end of the season".

P2, W1, L0, D1, F2, A1, Pts4,

My 33 year old forward is on fire, 2 goals in 2 games, can't ask for more than that from the veteran.

Anyone worked out how to make substitutions during the matches?

You can't yet. The subs are there for any injuries that occur.

When this new game has been going for a couple of months and the new registrations have calmed down a little (players who played 2 years ago are still being notified by email that it is up and running) there will be two versions going.
This one which is bog standard and a super deluxe version that you can pay a fee to play and get a lot more options.

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Played and won first game in lowly Div 193 as Dolphins FC.

Anyone running Seagulss in the same division?

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Set of Tracksuits said:
I think I'm gonna be cack at this game.

Anyone got any tactics that they wouldn't mind sharing? Pretty, pretty please?

:)

Make sure you train every day especially the 'special skills' which are darker green. Dont let their condition get much below 80%, use subs and reserves to keep the team strong. I find if a team plays 442 regularly you can hit them with a 5-3-2 and use wingbacks especially on an away game. If you are getting too many yellows then ease up on the aggression.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Juicy Blue Rangers lost 2-0 to Liverpooly in the first game of the season in front of the TV cameras. Bugger.

There is a Brighton Field in my league 197, so who's behind them then?

Fancy a wager?

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Kaney said:
How much rev do you get for a TV match?

About 15,000 at the moment I think.

Auckland Seagulls - top of Div 9!!!!!!!!

Someone asked about tips - well, when I played a few years ago (and if you have the patience) basically spend all your money on your stadium upgrades, get the capacity up and therefore revenue via advertising and attendances. Survive on buying cheap or older (but still skilled players) on frees that are a year or 2 away from retiring. Do this for 2/3 seasons (ala the Albion) and then you have a great stadium, tonnes of money and game on Matthew!

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
I got £8,374 for my televised game, but it wasn't at my ground

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here