[Football] Italy looking for a new manager

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Let the noise start

HCxUK

Apr 18, 2014
Meh, great managers tend to manage club teams.

Not sure if Italy could afford him, and he probably wouldn't even want the job at this stage of his career

Mustafa II

Oct 14, 2022
Hove
I can't think of any examples where a manager of a top Premier League team has left their club for an international role.

Nothing to worry about here.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think it has been covered before that international management tends to be a different skill set to club management.

The meticulous patterns of play required to adopt “Il mio modello di gioco” would not necessarily lend itself to working irregularly with a group of players.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
I think it has been covered before that international management tends to be a different skill set to club management.

The meticulous patterns of play required to adopt “Il mio modello di gioco” would not necessarily lend itself to working irregularly with a group of players.
This. RDZ himself has just said it takes a long time for players to get used to his style of football. Hard to see how he'd do that when he only has a group together for a few days every so often.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Perhaps in the future, but far more likely RDZ will manage a Serie A club before the national side, and Im still convinced before then he’ll be getting the nod for the Man City job when Pep leaves.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I can't think of any examples where a manager of a top Premier League team has left their club for an international role.

Nothing to worry about here.
Steve McClaren ? OK, I'm stretching 'top team' a bit !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here