Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Italian train strike [National Strike Fri. 8th March]

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I anyone on the early Wizz air Flight 07.05 on the morning of Friday 8th? Not sure there are any options for buses or trains for this one, will have to leave Rome about 04.15 I guess?
If anyone would like to share a cab let me know, there are two of us.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I anyone on the early Wizz air Flight 07.05 on the morning of Friday 8th? Not sure there are any options for buses or trains for this one, will have to leave Rome about 04.15 I guess?
We're on that but headIng back to airport hotel post-match for beer and food, 5 mins away in the morning.

What could POSSIBLY go wrong?

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
Flixbus has a shuttle bus at that time

IMG_2570.png

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
I also booked us a 'back up' flights, back to Venice.

The timing works perfectly, if there's no train we have enough time to head for the airport, which in turn marries up with our outward flight.

I was getting so antsy and stressed about every aspect of this trip, I needed to do something.
Me too. Its been a genuine nerve jangler. I still have quite a few 'potential to go wrong' elements but I'm trying to embrace it.

It's the trying to line it up with being somewhere at a specific point in time that makes it tricky. And being last minute for everything.

When I was 19 I flew to Spain with about 300 quid in my pocket, no return flight, no credit card, no smartphone (or phone at all) and a rough guide to andalusia. Stayed there somehow for 6 weeks and had a blast and somehow got home. I don't remember being stressed once.

Jul 29, 2017
Last minute for me.

Anyone flying to Malpensa Milan?
Whats the best method to get to Rome arriving in Malpensa 10:35 Thursday.
Flight Malpensa back on Friday 17:35

Been on rail Europe £180 return does not mention strikes though ?

Any help would be much appreciated

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Last minute for me.

We're doing Malpensa but on Weds. I hate to be "that guy" but you are pushing it a bit time wise. However, here's what we're doing:

Malpensa Express to Milan Centrale - 13 euros pp online (just google Malpensa Express) - takes 1 hour
Centrale to Roma Termini - we got tickets for 22 euros pp via the trainline - takes 3 hours 10

So you need to add 4 hours 10 on a train plus waiting time at Centrale and time to get through passport and immigration. Not sure if those 22 euro deals are still there as we did it the day the game was announced, but the 13 is fixed for the airport express.

Even driving looks like 55 minutes minimum from the airport to Milan Centrale.

Jul 29, 2017
We're doing Malpensa but on Weds. I hate to be "that guy" but you are pushing it a bit time wise. However, here's what we're doing:

Malpensa Express to Milan Centrale - 13 euros pp online (just google Malpensa Express) - takes 1 hour
Centrale to Roma Termini - we got tickets for 22 euros pp via the trainline - takes 3 hours 10

So you need to add 4 hours 10 on a train plus waiting time at Centrale and time to get through passport and immigration. Not sure if those 22 euro deals are still there as we did it the day the game was announced, but the 13 is fixed for the airport express.

Thankyou for your help mate, i reckon i should get to the ground in time for kick off

Jul 29, 2017

What about getting back home ?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Last minute for me.

Did you get that spare ticket for your brother? They popped up regularly yesterday morning,

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
On the Leonardo Express now...... ticket machines were busy, worth getting the Trenitalia app and buying on there (as already pointed out no need to validate ticket either)

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What about getting back home ?
We're going home a different way. Flying from Rome to Edinburgh on Jet 2 and then Easyjet to Gatwick.

When I looked at trains back to Milan they were more expensive on the Friday but some are running. People on here have said the Italos will run.

SeanInRome

Feb 23, 2024
Last minute for me.

Don’t do rail Europe.
Your safest bet would be Milan Central return to Rome with ‘Italo’
From Milan Train station allow your self time to get to the airport by bus/taxi.
Also in Rome Italo doesn’t always stop in Termini and has 2 other stops in the center
Roma Tiburtina and Roma Ostiense

Jul 29, 2017
Don’t do rail Europe.
Your safest bet would be Milan Central return to Rome with ‘Italo’
From Milan Train station allow your self time to get to the airport by bus/taxi.
Also in Rome Italo doesn’t always stop in Termini and has 2 other stops in the center
Roma Tiburtina and Roma Ostiense
Ok thanks for the heads up 👌

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me too. Its been a genuine nerve jangler. I still have quite a few 'potential to go wrong' elements but I'm trying to embrace it.

It's the trying to line it up with being somewhere at a specific point in time that makes it tricky. And being last minute for everything.

When I was 19 I flew to Spain with about 300 quid in my pocket, no return flight, no credit card, no smartphone (or phone at all) and a rough guide to andalusia. Stayed there somehow for 6 weeks and had a blast and somehow got home. I don't remember being stressed once.
I've just had to buy out of it all.

So I bought the flights, I have 2 chances to make the flight home, if I still can't then bollox to it, at least I know I tried.

Beyond that Im done.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
I'm going to risk it and book the return journey from Rome to Milan on friday. The trainline has two different operators as options, Italo or Frecciarossa. Is there any information as to which is more likely to run? I think Frecciarossa run the Leonardo express but am I wrong about that?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm going to risk it and book the return journey from Rome to Milan on friday. The trainline has two different operators as options, Italo or Frecciarossa. Is there any information as to which is more likely to run? I think Frecciarossa run the Leonardo express but am I wrong about that?
The general vibe seems to be that Italo are a private company so less likely to be impacted.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Post three before yours is from @SeanInRome and says use Italo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here