Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It would have been home to Chelsea

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
That's poppycock, but if it makes it easier for you then fair enough.

well, I was slightly over egging the 'assault on the league' part I grant you but with our signings this summer and our solid start my juices are flowing.

And Chelsea, well, yeah it's a big game, but we've had loads of big games at the amex the last four years so we missed out on one, pffft.

Bring on Ipswich!

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's so short sighted.Play the reserves, lose the game, lose the momentum.Lose in the league, well done Hewton. Stupid.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
This early in the season, play a full or nearly full strength side ffs

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
What a bunch of twunts. It's not just Hewton, they're all as thick as each other. #imafootballmanandimincrediblystupid

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
It's no coincidence that some of the best managers weren't particularly good footballers.You get a career in management based solely on the fact that you were a good football player.Unfortunately most footballers are a bit thick. An unbeaten record is like gold dust, we should have protected it with every fibre of our being. We're not Arsenal or Man U, our reserve team is not full of star studded talent.Walsall are riding high, to treat the game like a reserve run out is just moronic.The outcome was almost inevitable.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Classic NSC overreaction to our first lost of the season. If our reserves had done the job last night and COG had done what he is paid to do everyone would have been praising Hughton for giving key players a rest for Saturday.

We miss out on playing Chelsea's kids and some throw a hissy fit :lol: get a grip.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not bothered in the slightest about Chelsea or the League cup. As for momentum, I can remember Brighton 'throwing' a League cup game, but the winning the division with 6 games to spare. Last year, we got to the 4th round, got a pay day, but nearly got relegated.
I like the FA cup, but who really cares about the League cup?

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
It wouldn't have been home to Chelsea though would it if we'd got through? We'd have more than likely been drawn with someone like Hull.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It wouldn't have been home to Chelsea though would it if we'd got through? We'd have more than likely been drawn with someone like Hull.

The numbers were allocated before the games were played. Walsall v Brighton was ball no. 2.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
The numbers were allocated before the games were played. Walsall v Brighton was ball no. 2.

It's irrelevant to the fact that, had we got through, we wouldn't necessarily have been drawn against Chelsea in the way that Walsall were. You can't rewrite the result of the game - we win not Walsall - on one hand, but then choose not to rewrite the result of the drawing of balls out of the bag.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I hate losing any game no matter how "insignificant" some may think these games are.

Losing games, can be a habit. A bounce back on Saturday with a good performance is what's required here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here