Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It may be Bollocks, BUT.......

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Bloke I play 5 a sides does a bit of coaching for several London Clubs youth sides.

He was the bloke who told me about us signing Santos and Cullip to QPR which I regalled to NSC weeks before the news broke, so I have no doubt in his credibility before i'm asked for a source.

The word is that BRENTFORD are trying to sign Bas Savage.

Pretty worrying if true, and I hope you have sold all your T-Shirts Al !

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

not suprising though, Oldham are also interested by all acounts

well if we have to let go or could get serious money for him we will have to cash in - simple , the guys great and good entertainment but not indispensable nor really proven yet ( a good run at the end of the season is about it)

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can't be trying that hard to keep him ( maybe because we have a better replacement lined up) if this is true?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
If oldham came in and offered him a two year contract..who could blame him for going....?

If we wanted to keep him and really valued him..then we would have offered a contract extension...He needs security like all of us do in our jobs/careers..

Plus he could get a nice big house up north in the countryside..where as on the property down south..he could proberly get a one bed flat in haywards heath.

I'd be really shocked if we let him go though...I dont think he's amazing...but he got some vital goals last term

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We can't be trying that hard to keep him ( maybe because we have a better replacement lined up) if this is true?

Hang on, what has the fact that Brentford are TRYING to sign him, got to do with whether we are trying hard to keep him?

Let's not start on the club on this, we don't need to try and keep him, we have him, on contract till the end of the year. We can't stop another team making an approach, doesn't mean we have to sell him.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'm not sure that a drop from division 3 to division 4 would bother him all that much if the money was right.
We're talking about Brentford though, as skint if not skinter than us.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Bloke I play 5 a sides does a bit of coaching for several London Clubs youth sides.

He was the bloke who told me about us signing Santos and Cullip to QPR which I regalled to NSC weeks before the news broke, so I have no doubt in his credibility before i'm asked for a source.

Assuming it's true, one - I have sold out of Bas t-shirts, although I was going to get some more made.

Two, this move doesn't make a great deal of sense for Bas with one possible exception - he lives in south west London. Plus there is the small matter of him being on contract to us for another seven months - a contract which I know Bas wants extended.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hang on, what has the fact that Brentford are TRYING to sign him, got to do with whether we are trying hard to keep him?

Let's not start on the club on this, we don't need to try and keep him, we have him, on contract till the end of the year. We can't stop another team making an approach, doesn't mean we have to sell him.

I am assuming we are listening as he can't go anywhere without our agreement. Far from starting on the club I would think, if we have someone better lined up and with Elder possibly making the breakthrough, it would be a sensible move and recoup some money?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I am assuming we are listening as he can't go anywhere without our agreement. Far from starting on the club I would think, if we have someone better lined up and with Elder possibly making the breakthrough, it would be a sensible move and recoup some money?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Bas Savage - Hmmmm

Im trying to work out if it would be a blow if he left or not.

He has a knack of scoring goals at times, but his touch is very poor as is his passing.

At times he doesnt seem to know what he is doing nor do the other team - which is a good and bad thing.

Is he better than Revell? No I dont think so - Elder? Not seen enough of him to say.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
We are talking about perfessional footballers.They do it for money.

Besides,this is a football related thread,and I thought they were banned in the off season so we can all rat on about telly,popular music and politics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here