Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It looks like Sheff Weds have started rolling the dice !

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Indeed. Why not. We have both clubs to play at home after the window closes. Every chance with strengthening and players back from injury we can win both

There's the rub, depends on who we sign and who is back from injury. At the moment things don't look great though. If we spend a few million I'll start to feel a bit more optimistic. So far we have acquired an untried Irish kid, a pretty reasonable looking LB and that is about it. No concrete news of any players returning from injury ? Lua Lua has been about to return for about three months now and is very injury prone too so I don't expect too much from him over the next month or so. Baldock? Again nothing concrete. We are still very very short of quality and for me just staying in a play off position will be an achievement without a genuine target man arriving.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Funny player, Blackman. Moved from Sheffield United to Reading & did sod all for a couple of seasons. Wasn't popular at all with their fans. Suddenly he started this season brilliantly & he was the talk of the town.

I thought he was their outstanding player against us in October, without actually scoring. He seemed to be playing a forward midfield role that day rather than a striker. Had absolutely loads of shots, and rarely looked to pass it to others. Also got a strop on a few times when his team mates didn't live up to his lofty expectations- he comes across as possibly being a bit Mr Big I Am. And until last week was on a bit of a goal drought.

I fully expected Wednesday to go for it this window and so it seems. They looked very solid when we played at Hillsborough, and for the first time in years, not dull and boring to watch. Forestieri is a great player at this level. I think they're a decent striker away from being real contenders (Nuhiu and co are dreadful, so a lot rests on Forestieri and Lucas Joao presently).

Going to be a blow for the Massive if, as seems likely, Derby have gazumped them.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Blackman is out of contract at the end of the season and has one good half season for Reading, so if they get some decent money I am sure they won't be too fussed, potentially similar to us with Barnes though.

Judge will move on towards the end of the window, however I would think most of the clubs in the league will be looking at him, Fulham would be my bet.

Fulham have a transfer embargo.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Wednesday have a deluded sense of entitlement, they'll be gutted. Do think it could be Derby's season now they've got rid of the clown Steve Mc..

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
There's the rub, depends on who we sign and who is back from injury. At the moment things don't look great though. If we spend a few million I'll start to feel a bit more optimistic. So far we have acquired an untried Irish kid, a pretty reasonable looking LB and that is about it. No concrete news of any players returning from injury ? Lua Lua has been about to return for about three months now and is very injury prone too so I don't expect too much from him over the next month or so. Baldock? Again nothing concrete. We are still very very short of quality and for me just staying in a play off position will be an achievement without a genuine target man arriving.

A) Tony Bloom has made it pretty clear that we will.
B) The amount spent isn't really relevant.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
It could well be Derbys turn. I wonder if theyve hoovered up Blackman because theyre expecting someone to leave this window.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
A couple of weeks ago it was suggested that Wed were after Adebayor and the owner said wages werent a problem, perhaps they will go down that route now.

Would take a big leap for adebayor to suddenly decide the championship wasnt beneath him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
B) The amount spent isn't really relevant.

I think it is massively relevant if we are talking about a forward, No guarantee but without spending a very big wedge the chances of acquiring a goal scoring forward are very small. We are not that good at spotting good strikers on the cheap either.

Every other promotion chasing team has expensive forwards or have brought through their own, so the amount spent is really quite telling if we hope to score the goals to continue challenging. I haven't heard even a whisper of a decent forward that we might be bringing through the ranks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here