It Is Today's Technology That Is Dispruting Kids Learning

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1066gull

If your initials are either AR or RR... bog off. ;)

As I have been found out with my awful and terrible grammer and spelling. I want to say what is the cause of it in my eyes.

When I was 8 I first started using a computer that had Word Processing. I saw it as a great invention because something could be able to correct my grammer and spelling for me. I'm not illiterate or anything, its just I depend on something to do the work for me.

I'm sure I am not the only one, and there are several more people my age and younger who are doping excatly the same thing.

As time went on, I have to admit the amount of times I had correct punctuation on Microsoft Word increased every month. I have just completed a 40-page essay for coursework, and I bet I have still got mistakes on it.

When you have something that can correct something for you, you automatically don't learn from your mistakes anymore whereas if you would write it down on paper, you learn and adjust to it.

It is something that I have really just thought about, because I ctually wanted to know why, someone who was reasonably well at writing has deteriotated so rapidly.

If it is correct, the Government have to take this in to consideration. It is to late for me. I ahve to learn myself if I don't want it to worsen.

First person who picks out all my spelling mistakes get a waffle.

Last edited:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
1066Seagull said:
As I have been found out with my awful and terrible grammer and spelling. I want to say what is the cause of it in my eyes.

When I was 8 I first started using a computer that had Word Processing. I saw it as a great invention because something could be able to correct my grammer and spelling for me. I'm not illiterate or anything, its just I depend on something to do the work for me.

I'm sure I am not the only one, and there are several more people my age and younger who are doping excatly the same thing.

As time went on, I have to admit the amount of times I had correct punctuation on Microsoft Word increased every month. I have just completed a 40-page essay for coursework, and I bet I have still got mistakes on it.

When you have something that can correct something for you, you automatically don't learn from your mistakes anymore whereas if you would write it down on paper, you learn and adjust to it.

It is something that I have really just thought about, because I ctually wanted to know why, someone who was reasonably well at writing has deteriotated so rapidly.

If it is correct, the Government have to take this in to consideration.

First person who picks out all my spelling mistakes get a waffle.

We have living proof. :cool:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I think the cause of your problems is the fact you're stupid.

1066gull

Oh for fcuk sakes.

Why can't we have a civilised debate like a normal society?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Easy 10 said:
What is "dispruting" anyway ?
The Prut is a river rising in southwest Ukraine and flowing about 885 km (550 mi) generally southeast along the Romania-Moldova border to the Danube River.

Dispruting is the process of getting rid of it. :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
When I was a lad, computers were the size of houses, until the stunning ZX80 came along with its colossal 1K of RAM. Spell-checking was done the old fashioned way, through dictionaries. Ah bless, the memories.

:dunce:

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The Large One said:
7 spelling mistakes.
1 tautology
1 punctuation error
1 piece of bad grammar
2 verb conjugation errors

I suspect I've missed a couple.

You could have GUESSED that list and still been right about the inaccuaracies.

:lol:

1066gull

The Large One said:
7 spelling mistakes.
1 tautology
1 punctuation error
1 piece of bad grammar
2 verb conjugation errors

I suspect I've missed a couple.

Can you be my Word Processing software on just NSC :p

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I can spell pretty well for someone who was first parked in front a computer at the age of three

Oh, I remember now. I don't let a f***ing paperclip write half my documents for me.

1066gull

ben andrews' girlfriend said:
Don't blame computing, blame your laziness!

True...

But that would not make a good impression on you would it.

;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports