Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It felt like something changed last night

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Trying very hard not to let myself feel it's changed back just a bit today. I know it's in our hands, but it would be nice if we could see signs - in terms of the odd couple of points lost here and there - of the others running out of puff!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Last night was a very strange one for me. On the way to the game I found out that my dad was in hospital having suffered a stroke earlier in the day. In true style he insisted to my brother on the phone that we still go to the football and enjoy it for him (he had to give up going to games this season due to ill health). So, senses already heightened and emotions running high, the whole experience became surreally uplifting. I felt like, in a way, it was for him, which of course is ridiculous and not-so ridiculous at the same time. When I at last saw him at the hospital, having hot-footed after the final whistle, he was overjoyed to hear of the result and the details of the game and atmosphere. Thankfully he's doing ok, tough old git that he is. So, thanks to the team and you all for, without knowing it, making mine, my brother's and my dad's night a lot more enjoyable than it should have been. UTA

Joshski

Mar 18, 2008
I had a change of perspective last night. I've been watching today's BoltonBoro and BrumBurnley games with a real sense of it not mattering. I actually smiled when Rhodes nodded home because it just adds to what is boiling down to be a PHENOMENAL end to the season. Last night there was a real sense amongst the team that it was theirs. During the warm up they all had this incredible focus about them; CG looked like he wanted to strangle someone and Hemed was doing this weird far away stare/heavy nose breathing thing. Basically they convinced me last night that regardless of what anyone else does that they utterly want this MORE.

I had the same feeling when watching the Boro game too, regardless of if its via the play offs it in second place we have now got the momentum and belief to go up this year! :albion2:

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
PS: *that* photo was taken by Paul Collison. Deserves credit when shared on here.

[tweet]721097910507696128[/tweet]

I wasn't for a minute taking credit for it. Hence why I said in my following post, that I didn't know which goal it was for, Bruno or Knockhaert. Until I saw Skalak was still on the pitch and knew it was Bruno's.
The original has a slightly wider angle. Would be nice to have a widescreen of this.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Bring party streamers for the WSU it would look great poring out of the west upper but don't use till rolls etc they are dangerous.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Was anyone in the train queue with all the singing. Everyone bouncing around and singing we alll following brighton and hove albion.

hampshirebrightonboy

Sep 3, 2011
Last night was a very strange one for me. On the way to the game I found out that my dad was in hospital having suffered a stroke earlier in the day. In true style he insisted to my brother on the phone that we still go to the football and enjoy it for him (he had to give up going to games this season due to ill health). So, senses already heightened and emotions running high, the whole experience became surreally uplifting. I felt like, in a way, it was for him, which of course is ridiculous and not-so ridiculous at the same time. When I at last saw him at the hospital, having hot-footed after the final whistle, he was overjoyed to hear of the result and the details of the game and atmosphere. Thankfully he's doing ok, tough old git that he is. So, thanks to the team and you all for, without knowing it, making mine, my brother's and my dad's night a lot more enjoyable than it should have been. UTA

How is your dad now? hope all is well

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
How is your dad now? hope all is well

He's not too bad considering, thanks for asking. He has lost a bit of the use of his right arm and hand, but that hasn't stopped him gardening since he got out of hospital! Considering he also has a dodgy ticker and carcinoid tumours, he's remarkably active for an 86 year old (probably why he's stayed the pace as long as he has). It was a tough decision for him to give up going to games this season, after 35 years of watching pretty much every home game (and a few away days thrown in), but he still loves watching the games on TV and listening to the radio commentary.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here