Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] It felt like something changed last night

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
It feels that finally everyone connected to the club realises that if we win our 4 remaining games we will be promoted ! Simple as that !

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
The last 10 minutes or so was like the old days: everyone on their feet in the North Stand and all singing (seemed like it anyway). My daughter said her voice was going - which is how it should be. Let's hope we can keep it up for the QPR match
I thought it was ok at the start considering we deny have much of the ball. The north was loud, a couple of chants from the west, but after the goal it really lifted off!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was noticeable how the goal celebrations involved pretty much the whole team going to the touch line to connect with us - all summed up in that already iconic photo (you know the one I mean). And all of us singing 'Bruuuunoooo'. Incredible night - very special indeed. And let's do it again on Tuessay for the poor man who passed away.

That Iconic photo is now my Cover photo on Facebook. Sure I'm not the only one.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
And yet still not as emotional as all the players in front of us in the East.

They were (struggling to think of an adjective) tribal :shrug:

We're all seen important goals, something this most definitely wasn't, but it's hard to think of another response like it.

As Bozza saying it's hard to definite, but something has shifted again within the squad.

You mean this
image.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tomer and Stocko clearly aren't team players.

Begging the question:-

Why is our left back in the middle of the celebrations, moments after a goal, in front of the north east stand. :lol: :dunce: :lol:

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I couldn't get down for this one, I listened to the commentary via a creaking Seagulls Player feed, but you could tell it was one of those electric nights. The goals, the piss taking oles at the Fulham players, the noise of the crowd, the wave after wave of attacks. It could easily have been double figures.

It sounded to me like one of our noisily supported away games amplified by 10.......at home!

Same again on Tuesday please.

It was the Fulham fans singing the oles... They were good gor the first 25 and start of the 2nd half

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No it wasn't (well they may have) but pretty much the entire north stand were ole-ing the Fulham players at one point !
Fulham started it.
We took it over, waiting for the inevitable.
Then sure enough, a Fulham player inexplicably booted the ball into touch, miles away from anybody.
At which point everybody laughed before cheering and applauding.

The, clearly audible, laugh was fantastically patronising.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I had a change of perspective last night. I've been watching today's BoltonBoro and BrumBurnley games with a real sense of it not mattering. I actually smiled when Rhodes nodded home because it just adds to what is boiling down to be a PHENOMENAL end to the season. Last night there was a real sense amongst the team that it was theirs. During the warm up they all had this incredible focus about them; CG looked like he wanted to strangle someone and Hemed was doing this weird far away stare/heavy nose breathing thing. Basically they convinced me last night that regardless of what anyone else does that they utterly want this MORE.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
More people stuck around until the final whistle as well.

Tuesday will be ROCKING

Sorry to put a dampner on things but pretty sure last night was all about alcohol. Tuesday will be desperately edgy unless we get a couple of early goals.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
PS: *that* photo was taken by Paul Collison. Deserves credit when shared on here.

[tweet]721097910507696128[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here