Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It didn't take us long to forget Garcia did it!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Hardly memorable football but he did get us to the play offs then f...d it up as per the previous season.

Trouble is, I genuinely believe he was just out-thought in the away leg. The lack of urgency was astonishing...... but I suppose if he was leaving........

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Boring football, boring man who is more comfortable in a less exciting football world. Ciao.

Eddie On the Wing

Jul 1, 2012
Nonsense, he'll never be forgotten - one of the greatest lead guitarists in the history of rock and the only one with an ice cream named after him...oh, not that Garcia? Sorry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The fact that Garcia got us into the play-offs for the second year running would have made Bloom's job of recruiting a decent replacement that much easier.

I've been disappointed with a lot of the comments recently about Oscar - he achieved the same outcome as Gus with a far less talented squad AND he gave our youngsters a chance to shine. The football wasn't easy on the eye but he kept the show on the road, and for that he deserves some credit.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The fact that Garcia got us into the play-offs for the second year running would have made Bloom's job of recruiting a decent replacement that much easier.

I've been disappointed with a lot of the comments recently about Oscar - he achieved the same outcome as Gus with a far less talented squad AND he gave our youngsters a chance to shine. The football wasn't easy on the eye but he kept the show on the road, and for that he deserves some credit.

Good post.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
But was special for one moment in time, the rest of the game we were poor. But what a finish.......

Agreed. That's what made it. After the save from Calde my head had dropped then...and after...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

You shouldn't be disappointed.

I watch football for entertainment as much as results. OG did fantastically well in the results department, especially considering the injuries he had to contend with, but the pay off was an (at times) excruciatingly boring style of football and management.

I wish him every success, I acknowledge his achievement of reaching the playoffs with half a team, but I'm glad he's gone.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OG means own goal surely
seriously hope he is happy .............................I know he will have done his best for us

John Bumlick

Banned
Apr 29, 2007
here hare here

the only thing i would add to that is that Garcia did it with a lot more class than Poyet, especially the break up at the end.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Trouble is, I genuinely believe he was just out-thought in the away leg. The lack of urgency was astonishing...... but I suppose if he was leaving........
Out-thought? No Upson, no Greer, no Stephens, no Bruno, etc.

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I find it amazing, with all the I trust Tony Bloom posts on here over the last few weeks how everyone seems to be able to rip into his choice of the two managers he has brought into the club, after they have gone. Makes me slightly more worried about this appointment.

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
He wasn't here long enough to change the team or to be particularly memorable. His style of football was practical given the players he had.

However he should be remembered and thanked for being a decent bloke, a safe pair of hands and most of all for bringing the young players through

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

And here speaks a sensible man.

Credit where credit is due.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here