Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] It could be YOU?! A very serious appeal for help…

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Worldwide Search underway, requiring Worldwide publicity. What better place to ask than NSC?! Be amazing if an Albion fan could literally provide the gift of life. And so easy.

So come on everyone, get your test kit request-in via the link below. NB: requires DECENT (!) blood from an 18-55 year old, which unfortunately excludes me, and probably most of the West Stand ;) Come to think of it, unlikely to find a match from Croydon area…:tears2:Let’s see if the Local & Global Albion community might help? For Sussex by the Sea…

E9E615BD-C6F9-4789-BF02-13A476286C4D.jpeg
036F843D-27DE-458B-8A23-4F9A64E15611.jpeg

https://www.match4maggie.com/

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I’m too old but this is one of the amazing benefits of the WWW! Hope a donor is found.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
We regularly give blood. I think everyone should if they can. Absolutely no reason not to and it saves lives on an immediate day to day basis. Give blood rather than a donation to charity, you’ll be doing real good.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We regularly give blood. I think everyone should if they can. Absolutely no reason not to and it saves lives on an immediate day to day basis. Give blood rather than a donation to charity, you’ll be doing real good.
Absolutely this, I need a blood transfusion from time to time as my blood group is as rare as a four leaf clover I often have to wait 24hrs for it to arrive and In my head I’m thanking whoever donated.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
I`m a reasonably fit 61 , what is the reason for the age restriction - GENUINELY asking

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I`m a reasonably fit 61 , what is the reason for the age restriction - GENUINELY asking
Them’s the rules I guess, age is considered a qualifying factor like it is for much else in health. Probably because we’re deemed fecked by then ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Thanks for the heads up , i guess we all have a sell by date ? :)
Probably, my Best Before expired some time ago sadly but like that old jar of chutney at the back of the fridge I’m still here. Just losing a bit more flavour with every passing week o_O

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s because the younger the person donating the stem cells the better the chance of survival for the patient. 18-35 is the ideal age for the donor.

Also there is a slightly higher risk in the over 60s developing complications during/after donating.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here