Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It brought me to tears

Football related things that have put that have brought a tear to your eye:cry: my first was hereford beating newcastle 71/72 when all the youngsters celebrated their goals by running on in parkers,always gets me going even when i see it now:facepalm:.Next big cry up was when england failed to beat poland 73 and lost out on 74 world cup:cry: Fast forward through to 86 5th round of the fa cup,when dean saunders scored i burst into tears,not sure why,poor mental state:p combined with:drink: i think:facepalm: Next time was during the troubled times with archer and cronies,i was working as a home help and explaining the awful state of our club to this poor old dear in bad health, she wanted to give me cash for the fighting fund:cry: still brings a lump to my throat,i declined the cash bless her:bowdown: thats about it really??? what football/albion moments that have tempted you to blubber:cry: I GONNA CRY LIKE A GIRL FIRST DAY AT FALMER THATS FOR SURE:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

nawtygully

Aug 6, 2010
back 97 i live in mkt harborough leics i remember watching on the main news our last game at the goldstone against donny the emotions i wen through that day! awfull my son 7 at the time cried with me he has been an albion fan since and yes we go to away games never ever want to go through that again will shed a tear or two next august tho :albion1::amex::albion1: all the best

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
That result at Hereford.

Was with my son at the time in the away end and when that final whistle blew we both blabbed like a couple of kids.

And when I got back here after 2 years living in Spain driving along the A27 and saw our beautiful new stadium rising into the sky like a phoenix.

:ascarf:

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
after years of throwing radios at walls, receiving abuse for following the albion, girlfriends aggro for going out saturdays, and watching BHA go from top division to bottom of the league .....

......i then saw us get promoted at plymouth - driving back i had a massive feeling and lesson in "FAITH" and i blubbed as i realised that the club had outlived jobs, friends, houses, and women.....and had repayed my faith.

The day that the Falmer planning application was approved; my mum rang to say that she'd heard the news on the radio and was in tears, as was I shortly after. Both of us were thinking of my Dad, who had died believing that a new stadium would never happen.
We'll all be there next August - see you there.

Albalbion

Feb 24, 2009
Kingston
First time i can remember was at the goldstone, aged about six i reckon, i fell down some steps and it really hurt. i also shed a tear, when bob booker was dressed up as freddie mercury singing we are the champions at the celebrations in brighton. that song always gets me now thinking of that day. i will blubber at falmer i reckon.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Gazza getting booked in the WC semi vs Germany, then losing said semi on pens.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
1. 1983 cup final replay
2. Italia 90, England losing the semi final
3. Last game at The Goldstone
4. Hereford at the end

Still to come with the utmost certainty....

5. First game at The Amex

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Loads and loads but last Virgs goal against Swindon...watching on TV at home.... I really thought wed blown it.

Man city came close too

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Euro 96 and World Cup 98. Watching those at the age of 10 and 12 prepared me well for how painful football can be.

Reminds me of when we lost to Portugal in 2006. Watching in the pub there was a young lad about that age bawling his eyes out. His dad put a fatherly arm around the kids shoulder, game him big a hug and whispered "Get used to it son, this is England"

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
1983 singing Abide With Me.

Thats the nearest i came to blubbing at an Albion related game....its a emotional,thought provoking anthem anyway!!, Standing at the old Wembley in an F.A Cup final with thousands of other Albion fans against the might of the best supported club in Britain.. Manchester United......twas hard to get the words out!:albion1:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here