Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ISO 8 problems

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Complete nightmare on Iphone 4s and Ipad2. Hope they fix it and quick!

It's been fine on my 4S, but I have uploaded all my photos and taken off a fair amount of music and a lot of the apps I don't use that often to give it plenty of spare memory. It's always worth having a spring clean of your apps and make sure you do an [update all] of all your existing apps as developers have had to tweak them for iOS8. I'll add stuff back on as I go along, but no problems on my 4S so far.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I had a problem with Ios7 on vodaphone - 3G wouldnt work and could only access tinternet and apps with wifi. Vodaphone knew about the problem but took them 3 weeks to sort it out.

D

Deleted member 22389

First rule with any new technology, wait a few months for all the bugs to be ironed out. If you wait, you get a better product. I don't know how many times people make these mistakes because nothing is ever going to be 100% perfect.

D

Deleted member 22389

Wouldn't hold your breathe, why would they fix it for an inferior phone? Release new software, break older phones, make people buy their new £600 phone. It's Apple, they get away with it because people don't move to other products.

This is the difference between using Linux compared to Windows and Apple, everytime they bring out a new OS your required to upgrade your hardware. I'm still running the latest Linux distro on a laptop that's about 8 years old. The other thing, your waiting around for the next large update, on Linux bugs are pretty much sorted out as you go along due to the nature of the open system. Don't get me wrong, I tried my wifes IPad it was really nice to use, but the cost of Apples hardware is absolutely ridicolous. I certainly couldn't afford to spend £600 on a phone, and even if I could I would just feel as though I was being ripped off.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
This is the difference between using Linux compared to Windows and Apple, everytime they bring out a new OS your required to upgrade your hardware. I'm still running the latest Linux distro on a laptop that's about 8 years old. The other thing, your waiting around for the next large update, on Linux bugs are pretty much sorted out as you go along due to the nature of the open system. Don't get me wrong, I tried my wifes IPad it was really nice to use, but the cost of Apples hardware is absolutely ridicolous. I certainly couldn't afford to spend £600 on a phone, and even if I could I would just feel as though I was being ripped off.

I dont ..my rule is to buy the previous model where the price has fallen

D

Deleted member 22389

I dont ..my rule is to buy the previous model where the price has fallen

I think that's sensible, however you buy the previous model can you get the most out of the lastest OS, or do Apple slip in new features only available to new phones?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I'm still running a 10 year old Apple G4 iBook on OS10.4 (my daughter now uses for homework), an 8 year old MacMini I use as a media server connected to the telly running OS10.6, and a 7 year old MacbookPro running OS10.6. Each OS is up to date and runs smoothly on each machine. I've only been required to update my hardware if I've wanted something faster - nothing to do with new OS's coming out. In terms of longevity, and given I've bought some of these as refurbs or year old models, they've been bargains given how long they've lasted.

D

Deleted member 22389

I'm still running a 10 year old Apple G4 iBook on OS10.4 (my daughter now uses for homework), an 8 year old MacMini I use as a media server connected to the telly running OS10.6, and a 7 year old MacbookPro running OS10.6. Each OS is up to date and runs smoothly on each machine. I've only been required to update my hardware if I've wanted something faster - nothing to do with new OS's coming out. In terms of longevity, and given I've bought some of these as refurbs or year old models, they've been bargains given how long they've lasted.

That interesting to hear because the impression I got was you needed the best. Either way if Linux didn't exist I certainly wouldn't use any Microsoft OS so Apple would need to be the next choice.
I'm too used to not having to worry about Spyware and Viruses, like yourself and having a machine that runs as well as it did when it was first installed.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I installed it yesterday on my 4s and every time I pressed the home button it acted like a double press and brought up the running apps screen.
I reverted it back to 7.1.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
A fair few bugs nothing major just what you would expect though, 7 was exactly the same, they work on the bug fixes as we speak !!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Just realised that the screen doesn't turn when you hold it horizontally, if you get my drift. Looked all through settings but can't fix it.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just realised that the screen doesn't turn when you hold it horizontally, if you get my drift. Looked all through settings but can't fix it.

You sure the orientation lock isn't on? little padlock icon with an arrow around it next to the battery percentage?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here